Greetings from AZ

Status
Not open for further replies.

bdjones72

5 Year Member
Hello,

My wife and I just purchased a pair of African Sulcata Tortoises. They are hatchlings just a few days old. I'm hoping to use this forum to educate myself better on the proper care and handling of these animals. Lots of conflicting information out there so we are already feeling confused and frustrated. So I'm looking forward to reading the threads and hopefully contributing to the community somehow.

Brian

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
A Land Far Away...
Hi Brian and welcome! Sorry to let you in on a little secret, but even in here we don't agree on doing things one way or another. Each animal, each person, and each environmental location dictates a bit how YOU should raise your little one. Read what everybody offers as advise, try what sounds good, and modify it to fit YOUR needs and that of YOUR tortoises.

By the way, how did you happen to decide on sulcatas?

Jabuticaba

5 Year Member
Winnipeg, MB
Greetings & welcome, Brian! Got pictures of your babies? :)

May[CHERRY BLOSSOM], Darwin[TURTLE] & Wallace[TURTLE]
Winnipeg, Canada

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Hi Brian, and welcome to the Forum!

bdjones72

5 Year Member
Jacqui said:
Hi Brian and welcome! Sorry to let you in on a little secret, but even in here we don't agree on doing things one way or another. Each animal, each person, and each environmental location dictates a bit how YOU should raise your little one. Read what everybody offers as advise, try what sounds good, and modify it to fit YOUR needs and that of YOUR tortoises.

By the way, how did you happen to decide on sulcatas?

I can't say that it was a decision to chose Sulcatas it just kind of fell together that way. A newly met friened of my wife has a Sulcata tortoise named Terry. My wife just fell in love with Terry when she met him or her (don't know yet). Terry's person, Sarah recently moved into a new house in our neighborhood. We referred our exterminator company to Sarah. When the bug guy came to spray Sarah's house he met Terry. He told Sarah that his mother raises Sulcata Tortoises. Sarah got his Mother's telephone number from him and gave it to my wife. Several weeks later they had hatchlings and so we bought two. I usually do my homework on these kinds of things, but it all happened so fast that I didn't do it this time. So now I am scrambling to learn as much as I can. I didn't expect to get 2-3 day old tortoises. I figured they would be several weeks old before we got them. I'm really nervous that we won't provide the proper care and since they are so young they won't survive.

bdjones72

5 Year Member
Jabuticaba said:
Greetings & welcome, Brian! Got pictures of your babies? :)

May[CHERRY BLOSSOM], Darwin[TURTLE] & Wallace[TURTLE]
Winnipeg, Canada

I will post some soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.