Green Peppers okay?

Figster45

Location (City and/or State)
Pittsburgh, PA
Can anyone confirm if peppers are okay or not to feed?

I was looking over this spreadsheet I found in the forum and comparing the info with the tortoise table website. Per the spreadsheet they are a yes but the tortoise table says it's not safe. I've attached both screenshots below.

Thanks.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20181219-213051_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20181219-213051_Chrome.jpg
    866.9 KB · Views: 29
  • 20181219_213320.jpg
    20181219_213320.jpg
    614.8 KB · Views: 29

jsheffield

5 Year Member
Westmoreland, NH
My understanding is that they're fine as a part of a redfoot's diet, but too much sugar for other species.

Jamie

PA2019

5 Year Member
Tucson, AZ
Hello! Are you located in Pennsylvania? I’m not sure where you got that pdf but it looks like it is meant for people in India, and it’s not very good.

Have you reviewed the fantastic care guide that is at the top of the star forum by Mark? There are dozens of more appropriate food choices than peppers.

If you have limited choices for food I suggest the following until you read and learn more about identifying/growing weeds to feed.

1) Buy Mazuri Tortoise diet and some orchard grass.

2) Grind it up into a powder, and sprinkle it on top of some romaine and Opuntai cactus (found at many local Hispanic grocery stores) until you can get a better supply of fresh greens.

The orchard grass helps increase fiber content while reducing loose stools, the Mazuri covers a wide range of nutrition needs, the cactus helps with calcium/water needs, and the lettuce will entice the tortoise to try the new food!

Figster45

Pittsburgh, PA
Hello! Are you located in Pennsylvania? I’m not sure where you got that pdf but it looks like it is meant for people in India, and it’s not very good.

Have you reviewed the fantastic care guide that is at the top of the star forum by Mark? There are dozens of more appropriate food choices than peppers.

If you have limited choices for food I suggest the following until you read and learn more about identifying/growing weeds to feed.

1) Buy Mazuri Tortoise diet and some orchard grass.

2) Grind it up into a powder, and sprinkle it on top of some romaine and Opuntai cactus (found at many local Hispanic grocery stores) until you can get a better supply of fresh greens.

The orchard grass helps increase fiber content while reducing loose stools, the Mazuri covers a wide range of nutrition needs, the cactus helps with calcium/water needs, and the lettuce will entice the tortoise to try the new food!

I am in Pennsylvania. Thanks that is some great info!