green iguana

Status
Not open for further replies.

poison

5 Year Member
a few pics of the ig
P1030094.jpg

i finally am starting to gain some trust with her. i get her to walk onto me with some bright green food
P1030110.jpg

and here she is on my pumpkin
P1030112.jpg

and of course i cant leave this one out. here she is about to whip me lol
P1030097.jpg

poison

5 Year Member
bobbymoore said:
My ig is very skittish I got her about 3 weeks ago she loves to whip me

cool i would love to see pics. ive had her for 2 years now. got her when she was 7" now shes 32" she is a little small for her age do to improper diet when i first got her so be sure to feed lots of greens ;) and also dont force handle. that was one of the mistakes i made you dont really gain there trust that way you just stress them out. its been 2 years and im finally starting to gain some trust.

ALDABRAMAN said:

Thank you :)

Amanda1

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Plainfield, IN
Beautiful pics! Igs are my favorite. I had one when I was a kid (for 2yrs, then my mom got rid of her); she was the sweetest. LOVED people, we would even bring her into my school to teach about reptiles, and she let everyone pet her. She would ride around on my shoulder and try to sample anything I was eating (who knew iguanas liked popcorn?) Only whipped us when we put her back in her cage. I still miss her ~18 years later.

poison

5 Year Member
Amanda1 said:
Beautiful pics! Igs are my favorite. I had one when I was a kid (for 2yrs, then my mom got rid of her); she was the sweetest. LOVED people, we would even bring her into my school to teach about reptiles, and she let everyone pet her. She would ride around on my shoulder and try to sample anything I was eating (who knew iguanas liked popcorn?) Only whipped us when we put her back in her cage. I still miss her ~18 years later.

Thank you:). How big was your girl? My girl does really try and eat my food but we havent gain complete trust of each other im sure she eyeballs my food all the time lol.

Amanda1

5 Year Member
Plainfield, IN
poison said:
Thank you:). How big was your girl? My girl does really try and eat my food but we havent gain complete trust of each other im sure she eyeballs my food all the time lol.

When I got mine she was 14", and 2 years later she was about 4 1/2 feet long. They grow up pretty fast.

poison

5 Year Member
i got her when she was 7" 2 years later shes 32" like i said earlier when i first got her i wasnt doing all the right steps so she did get a little stunned in growth but shes doing better now :)

poison

5 Year Member
Heres a pic of the grumpy beast sleeping in her favorite spot in the house
P1030302.jpg

Tortus

5 Year Member
Maryland
Very nice! I've had many over the years.

I find it interesting that "green" iguanas actually turn brown or gray when they're mature adults in the wild. I was watching a conservation show about them a few days ago that took place in Beliz, and none of the adult green iguanas were green.

They said only the young ones need that color for camouflage. Then when they mature they more resemble the trunks of trees so they turn a darker color. I guess because the younger ones spend more time on thin branches with green leaves.

Status
Not open for further replies.