Green houses!

Location (City and/or State)
Cleveland Tennessee
Hi y’all! Show me your enclosures with green house tops! Someone shared theirs on my last post and I thought it was a great idea. I’d love to see what others have done too. Pearl won’t be a baby forever, so I’m already plotting her big tort digs.

BrookeB

10 Year Member!
Bodfish
Hi y’all! Show me your enclosures with green house tops! Someone shared theirs on my last post and I thought it was a great idea. I’d love to see what others have done too. Pearl won’t be a baby forever, so I’m already plotting her big tort digs.

They have a ton of mini green houses on amazon. I have my plans set up but I’m rechecking to make sure I have everything before I start my build lol.

Cleveland Tennessee
They have a ton of mini green houses on amazon. I have my plans set up but I’m rechecking to make sure I have everything before I start my build lol.

I saw that too. Originally I was mostly curious for her indoor enclosure, but now I’m starting to wonder if anyone has had any success with keeping an outdoor enclosure warm with one of the bigger greenhouses for the colder months. I live in southeast Tennessee so it doesn’t get terribly cold here, but still way too cold for a tort.

BrookeB

10 Year Member!
Bodfish
I saw that too. Originally I was mostly curious for her indoor enclosure, but now I’m starting to wonder if anyone has had any success with keeping an outdoor enclosure warm with one of the bigger greenhouses for the colder months. I live in southeast Tennessee so it doesn’t get terribly cold here, but still way too cold for a tort.
I don’t see why it wouldn’t work, that’s what they are for, to keep plants warm and humid in cold environments. ??‍♀️ Just my opinion though.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
A greenhouse on its own does't keep your plants and animals warm. You need a heater, and it's NOT energy efficient.