Gratitude

Maggie3fan

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
PacificNorthWest
I've never had much gratitude in my life. However, so close to the end of my life, I am finding myself feeling a great gratitude. An uncommon feeling for me. Yesterday was another day of all most 100 degrees and I was sitting in the swing on my deck, with camera as usual. I looked out toward the tort pens and Mary Knobbins is under a bush with closed eyes and the sprinkler on her butt. Oh what a photo opportunity...yep
100_0316.JPG
but Mary took off of course.. I look over one pen to the box turtle pond, and there's Chewy, the dog chewed ornata rescued by my sister, that I rescued from my sister (lol)...she's swimming in the pond
100_0326.JPG
oh look! There's an Eastern box turtle floating on the board...
100_0336.JPG
and my favorite little 3-toed I brought back from Texas, he swims and finds slugs and is so comfortable in the water. I wish there was a way they could stay in the pond area 24/7 safely until winter...
100_0337.JPG
so my eyes shift to the left to see what the Redfoot is doing and I can't see him at first, then HOLY SH*T!!! There is a fat sleek very healthy looking freakin RAT! And he is smelling Houdini's butt. So I of course run to the rescue screaming at the rat, as I trip on the stairs, dropping the camera, spilling my coffee, but at least I made the rat run, under the damn fence. I snatch up Houdini, and I just stand there for a minute, and seriously??? The rodent comes right back under the fence into Houdini's pen!!! It's 3 o'clock in the afternoon, and I am seeing rats in the day time??? So I place Houdini in a different pen and go to figure out the rat situation. I have a live trap that wouldn't hold a rat...so I'm really in a quandary, too hot so I go inside. A period of time passes and oh geese, Houdini... I run (sorta) out to that pen and where is he? So he's escaped that pen into a whole nuther (is that a word?) pen and check him out...
100_0322.JPG
he's on his way into a third pen...only look...
that little 2 pound rebel without a cause is about to be in trouble...
100_0329.JPG
if he makes it into the next pen he's in trouble cuz tortnado is exactly at that spot waiting for him to drop in...
100_0317.JPG
I am grateful for the small things today...and the perfect last photo and the lens cover sticks just enuf to block out Houdini on the other side of the blocks from Mary Knobbins

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Lancaster
I've never had much gratitude in my life. However, so close to the end of my life, I am finding myself feeling a great gratitude. An uncommon feeling for me. Yesterday was another day of all most 100 degrees and I was sitting in the swing on my deck, with camera as usual. I looked out toward the tort pens and Mary Knobbins is under a bush with closed eyes and the sprinkler on her butt. Oh what a photo opportunity...yep
View attachment 331020
but Mary took off of course.. I look over one pen to the box turtle pond, and there's Chewy, the dog chewed ornata rescued by my sister, that I rescued from my sister (lol)...she's swimming in the pond
View attachment 331021
oh look! There's an Eastern box turtle floating on the board...
View attachment 331022
and my favorite little 3-toed I brought back from Texas, he swims and finds slugs and is so comfortable in the water. I wish there was a way they could stay in the pond area 24/7 safely until winter...
View attachment 331023
so my eyes shift to the left to see what the Redfoot is doing and I can't see him at first, then HOLY SH*T!!! There is a fat sleek very healthy looking freakin RAT! And he is smelling Houdini's butt. So I of course run to the rescue screaming at the rat, as I trip on the stairs, dropping the camera, spilling my coffee, but at least I made the rat run, under the damn fence. I snatch up Houdini, and I just stand there for a minute, and seriously??? The rodent comes right back under the fence into Houdini's pen!!! It's 3 o'clock in the afternoon, and I am seeing rats in the day time??? So I place Houdini in a different pen and go to figure out the rat situation. I have a live trap that wouldn't hold a rat...so I'm really in a quandary, too hot so I go inside. A period of time passes and oh geese, Houdini... I run (sorta) out to that pen and where is he? So he's escaped that pen into a whole nuther (is that a word?) pen and check him out...
View attachment 331026
he's on his way into a third pen...only look...
that little 2 pound rebel without a cause is about to be in trouble...
View attachment 331027
if he makes it into the next pen he's in trouble cuz tortnado is exactly at that spot waiting for him to drop in...
View attachment 331030
I am grateful for the small things today...and the perfect last photo and the lens cover sticks just enuf to block out Houdini on the other side of the blocks from Mary Knobbins
And the Good Lord helped you catch it all instead of catastrophe...?? And you lived through it all! Wow.??