Grass question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scotts_Radiated

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Orlando, Fl
Hello everyone i'm new to the board:)
Is st. augustine grass ok for my torts to graze on? I have read where people let their torts graze on bermuda but i have not seen anything about st augustine. I assume its ok but i just want to be sure also are some lawn grasses better than others?

have not filled out my sig yet but i have 3 torts
0.0.1 Radiated
0.0.1 Indian Star
1.0.0 Sulcata

Thanks Scott

Chipdog

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Columbus Ohio
I got my Aldabrans from a breeder who fed all of his torts mostly St. Augustine. He had a huge property that he would use a push mower on so he could bag all the clippings for the torts. I paid his higher price because his animals were the best looking I could find.

If you look under my posts you can see I have posted quite a few pics of my torts and they are doing very good.

Hope this helps.

Just make sure no chemicals have been used.

Chip

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Hi Scott:

238486iteketdp6p.gif

to the forum!

Yvonne

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
Damn another misleading post, :)
It is safe but mine don't really seem to like it.

Scotts_Radiated

5 Year Member
Orlando, Fl
Thanks everyone for the warm welcome! This a great site with tons of info i have learned so much already.
Chipdog great looking aldabras, If i ever get a fence put up it will be just a matter of time before i get one. I came very close at this years Daytona breeders expo but talked my self out of it because of the fence issue. I ended up buying a baby star instead and just a couple of weeks ago i got my radiated.
I have been putting my sulcata out in the backyard in a portable dog pen for a few hours every couple of days to graze on the grass and my plan was to do the same with my radiated, so i just wanted to be sure it was ok.

Status
Not open for further replies.