Got it!

Status
Not open for further replies.

harris

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Ohio
I'll never forget Yvonne's post when she talked about her Manouria sneaking up on her and nipping on her. My baby girl, all 5 lbs of her, got me today when I was adusting the sprinkler. How cool. I love this species so much. I've parted with every species to concentrate on these guys. Benjamin from Mantua, you get it.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
CONGRATULATIONS. I only say that because you think it was cool. I normally wouldn't congratulate someone getting bit, I am no that mean of a person:p:D. Happy for you though and that you are really enjoying your torts.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Yeah, I just love that that little pea-sized brain thinks that I'M the food. I still have to watch my legs when I'm standing still for too long in their pen. I feel very paranoid. :p

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Wonder how cool your going to find it when she becomes adult sized? Glad you have found the species that touches your heart the deepest.

harris

10 Year Member!
Ohio
It's 1.3 that I have in this enclosure. She is by far the most outgoing. All Mee's. There's a River Birch in the middle of the enclosure. When the Sparrows took off from their nest box the Blue Jays hunted them relentlessly. There's 3 out of the 4 Mee's eating a deceased baby Sparrow. I've only seen this with Elongs.

wellington said:
CONGRATULATIONS. I only say that because you think it was cool. I normally wouldn't congratulate someone getting bit, I am no that mean of a person:p:D. Happy for you though and that you are really enjoying your torts.
You are incredibly annoying.

Jacqui

10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Other then the sorta accidental baby bird, do you feed yours animals? Such as dead mice. (Wasn't sure how to word that, nothing sounded right, so just went with feeding them animals)

harris

10 Year Member!
Ohio
Jacqui said:
Other then the sorta accidental baby bird, do you feed yours animals? Such as dead mice. (Wasn't sure how to word that, nothing sounded right, so just went with feeding them animals)
Are you serious?

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
I don't. I may occasionally give them a spoon of canned cat food, but otherwise, they get no animal protein from me.

harris

10 Year Member!
Ohio
The only "protein" they get are nightcrawlers. They love them. They're in a 30' X 18' enclosure. I'm sure they've eaten way more nastier things while I'm at work.

Jacqui

10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
harris said:
Jacqui said:
Are you serious?

Yep I was and am. ;) I haven't tried mine on any thing, but with my redfoots and hingebacks I do some times feed them dead mice (as in the type sold for snake food). Sometimes a bit of cooked chicken, too.

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
A little OT but I have got a CDT that goes after my toes every time I am out there.

Jacqui

10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
dmmj said:
A little OT but I have got a CDT that goes after my toes every time I am out there.

David, those painted nails will get you in trouble every time. :D

harris

10 Year Member!
Ohio
dmmj said:
Ok, you're outta control. Shoes dave, shoes when your with them.

Benjamin

5 Year Member
zone 7b
harris said:
I'll never forget Yvonne's post when she talked about her Manouria sneaking up on her and nipping on her. My baby girl, all 5 lbs of her, got me today when I was adusting the sprinkler. How cool. I love this species so much. I've parted with every species to concentrate on these guys. Benjamin from Mantua, you get it.

Be very careful when your group grows up, it may be the sequal to that old movie Frogs! Isn't Mantua " a famous Italian city"?:D

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
Jacqui said:
dmmj said:

David, those painted nails will get you in trouble every time. :D
My personal life, is personal.

Status
Not open for further replies.