golden greek hatchlimg

Status
Not open for further replies.

nannyfan1

5 Year Member
Hi everybody in about a month I will be getting a golden Greek hatchling. I'm looking for some specific care suggestions. Example what to feed them on a daily basis exactly what you would give them. And also I've read a lot of confliction things about humidity. One website says that they don't need humidity in their cage and another says they do so any info on that would be great. What about substrate? What have you found to be the best for golden Greek hatchlings?

MasterOogway

5 Year Member
Congrats on your baby Golden Greek I can't wait to see pictures! Sorry I can't help on the babies care.

ascott

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Apple Valley, California
Giving your thread a bump back to the top of the list....hopefully a greek host will pop in...

If you offer a warm humid hide or area in the enclosure...the tort then has a place to retreat to when they feel the need to....I would not keep the entire enclosure wet for this species of tort....that is my personal feeling....

Wait round and see what the others have to say...

Irwin4530

5 Year Member
Did you look under the Greek section on this forum? There's a lot of basic information there and then if you have specific questions you can ask them here

I use coconut core for a substrate and feed a wide variety of greens dark leafy greens (kale, collards , hosts etc.) When they are indoors and well planted enclosure outside. I like the grassland Tortoise mix and the Russian tortoise mix along with plantains from Carolina pet supply

I do keep humid hides with my Greek tortoises and that way they can decide if they want to go in it or not... If I remember correctly the Greeks and Russians very rarely pyramid but to me it's not worth taking the chance.... Besides what could it hurt??

Hope that helps....... And we would love to see pictures of your baby Golden!!!
:)

Status
Not open for further replies.