Golden Girls and a Pancake

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tim/Robin

10 Year Member!
Here are our new Golden Greek tortoises, Caliope and Daphne (names from Greek mythology). Look at those sweet faces and beautiful eyes!

2008%2007%2031_0370.JPG

2008%2007%2031_0377.JPG

Also, our newest female pancake. She's a beauty! A little shy at first, but there's nothing like a good hibiscus flower to bring a girl out of her shell.

2008%2007%2031_0358.JPG

Special thanks to Danny for these new members of our family.

egyptiandan

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
USA
Great pictures Tim and Robin :D They look great outside. :D

Your welcome :D

Danny

Tim/Robin

10 Year Member!
Redfootedboxturtles said:
very cool. How are those eggs?

Thanks for asking. We've got the one egg in the incubator, and are watchful of the temperature. Still awaiting a hygrometer (had to order online) so hoping humidity is ok. With this new female pancake, we hope to eventually have her join with the male/female pair and get a few eggs a year. We still can't get over how big that egg was for such a flat tort! No wonder she hadn't been eating much the last week!

wayne.bob

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
iowa
Congrats!!!! they are really beautiful torts and good luck with your egg.

wayne

Redfootedboxturtles

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Whats the deal with pancake eggs? Does the humidity have to be low? As a kid I always wanted a pancake because they look so cool, but never tried to get one becasue I figured they were harder to keep. I didnt want to risk it.

PATMAN

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Pennsylvania
Beautiful new torts you have. Looks like they will have a wonderful home with you. I almost bought those goldens. Danny's the best!

TortGirl

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Las Vegas, NV
Your Golden Greek girls look wonderful. I got my Golden Greek girl from Danny as well. I know mine is not shy at all. You can definitely tell a difference between a store bought and a breeder tort. Great pics! Wish you guys the best of luck with your egg.

Status
Not open for further replies.