Gladys leg problems more pics

Status
Not open for further replies.

shayee

5 Year Member
This is Gladys, our first tortoise and she came from Pet Smart in Tupelo....Do you see her legs in the front? Well this is all they do. She scoots herself around barely moving the front legs and pushing off with her back legs. They were feeding her pellets that look like Trix cereal. Does anyone know if this will ever change or is she gonna be like this forever....Poor baby, but I love her and will do whatever I can to help. Just concerned the heavier she will get that she will not be able to move...Any advice please!!!!

001-1.jpg

This is how she keeps her legs, tucked under
002.jpg

Trying to walk
003-1.jpg

From Underneath, that is as far as she will stretch her legs in the front
004-2.jpg

See how long her nails have gotten

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
Like I told you in your other thread, you need to take her to a qualified tortoise vet and have her legs examined to see if they are ok or if something is wrong with them.

CtTortoiseMom

5 Year Member
CT
I love her little face. Let us know what the exotic pet vet say's. Stay positive, this could turn out to be something easily remedied.

exoticsdr

5 Year Member
Today is my birthday!
Southeast Texas
I'm curious, are you able to manipulate her legs? or are they stuck in place?

shayee

5 Year Member
emysemys said:
Like I told you in your other thread, you need to take her to a qualified tortoise vet and have her legs examined to see if they are ok or if something is wrong with them.

Yes I am aware of that but I wanted to add some new pics when I got home with better views. I just haven't got the cash yet to go to the vet but will take her soon. Just wanted to hear more advice. Thank you

exoticsdr said:
I'm curious, are you able to manipulate her legs? or are they stuck in place?

They are stuck. I have tried to stretch them out but they won't move. She moves them in the shell a little to manuver around the habitat but mainly uses her back legs to push off.

Status
Not open for further replies.