Give pet tortoises more space to live

Bee62

Location (City and/or State)
Germany
Nice, Sabine.
Much nicer than any indoor tortoise home I've ever made.
What's the plan for when they reach the size of a small Toyota?
BTW it's in the way of your Van Gogh original!
Thank you very much Ed, but I bought these terrariums and only put them together. That was easy to do. When the torts outgrow this enclosure I have a renovated and heated ( central heating ) barn for them with much space and a door directly into the garden. I hope they don`t grow as big as a small Toyota !:eek:
The print of the Van Gogh has to go too. I ordered a new picture for the wall of a big sulcata tortoise that will replace the Starry night .....:D:D:D

Bee62

Germany
Super enclosures and I'm more than a tad jealous of your carpentry skills. :tort:
Thank you very much !:):<3: With the sideboards I had help. They were difficult because of many small pieces that must be put together, but the enclosures for the torts are very easy to build. I love working with wood. It is so easy to create things with wood and it is funny to work with wood.:)

Bee62

Germany
Very well done. I hope many people follow your example.
Thank you Tom.
I can`t imagine putting a tortoise in a small 20 Gallon tank. :(
I don`t want to live in a small room my whole life too....

CatsinQ

Panama City Beach, FL
WOW. Really gives me some ideas too. THANK you for sharing!! How did you make those sliding glass doors? And are there vents somewhere?

Bee62

Germany
WOW. Really gives me some ideas too. THANK you for sharing!! How did you make those sliding glass doors? And are there vents somewhere?
Hello, in Germany you can buy these enclosures ready with fitting sliding glass doors. Look here:
http://www.ebay.de/itm/Holz-Terrari...d=162039488298&_trksid=p2385738.c100688.m4649

The vents are at each side of the terrarium. I only put several terrariums together to a big one. The sliding doors make it easy to clean the enclosures or to decorate new things.

CatsinQ

Panama City Beach, FL

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
South Eastern Florida (U.S.A.)/Rock Hill S.C.
It's similar to what @johnandjade has.
John. Did you build yours?
I've also seen other members re purpose display cases.
I guess most anything made of wood could be stained or painted to match the room of your home.
I have nothing like these. But I like the idea.

Bee62

Germany
Today I added some fresh grasbuckles from my garden in the new "naked" enclosure and two things happend:
The torts showed me at once that they are gras eating species and eat the fresh gras, and
they tucked themselves in the gras and seem to feel very comfortable. It is very easy to make torts happy !:tort::tort::tort::<3:

Tomorrow I add more gras buckles .....:D
DSCN2323.JPG

DSCN2325.JPG

DSCN2326.JPG

DSCN2327.JPG

DSCN2339.JPG