Getting tort soon, temp question

Status
Not open for further replies.

kibow

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
southeast michigan
Hey everyone Im should be getting my sully wednesday if everything goes properly. I have a question about temps, Ive posted a few times on the enclosure forum about my table but was wondering about night time temps. At night during the cool side it gets down to mid 70s and the warm side is around 80 to 85. Ive read that it shouldnt get below 75 at night. Should I get a night time lamp for the cooler side to keep it above 80 or is that fine still having a temperature gradient? My enclosure is enclosed if that makes any difference with a high humidity (not sure actual percentage). Thanks

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
I prefer to keep them 80 at night. At least until they get a little older and bigger.

kibow

5 Year Member
southeast michigan
Wow quick reply Tom. So even tho there it is 80 on the other side? I already have a thermostat just need the fixture. 80 is better for a less chance of respirator infection? It is humid so warmer has less chance to cause problems. Thanks

Linzbragg

5 Year Member
The cage being closed up is good for babies bc it helps keep the warmth and humidity in, like a little sauna.

Jacob

5 Year Member
California
80 is good for babys, once they are a little bit older i like to keep them at 75-80..

Status
Not open for further replies.