getting there

Status
Not open for further replies.

smoke_kush

5 Year Member
slowly putting his tank together, been rather busy these days as spring is approaching. i am getting another uvb fixture and hopefully a ceramic light fixture but kame seems to like it. I am also getting more rocks so that he can stop eating dirt. I need another rock for the right hand side of the tank too for basking. note to self: get more hides

Attachments

• kame's.JPG
    kame's.JPG
    262.7 KB · Views: 68

Meg90

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
WI
Go to home Depot and stroll down their tile section...they have all different sizes of slate there for cheap. I got two tiles for like 1.50$.

Have you thought about putting any plants in there? I made my own (check out my enclosure threads for my Greek Nigel) Or i know petshops always have the premade ones....

I'm lovin the bedabeast btw!

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
:D :D Where did you get the haired turtle toy? :D:D And the elephant, what a fun enclosure. :D Wonder what the tort will think if he tries climbing the hide and sees the toy? Wonder if he will try munching on it?

smoke_kush

5 Year Member
;)i planted grass in there but it hasnt even sprouted yet. i have been looking for edible plants but since it's so cold, the demand for flowers is down, causing bad luck for me in that department. but yes! plants are coming soon. i want to get a cactus. i saw some of your posts earlier today meg and i thought your enclosure was very well made.

Crazy1

10 Year Member!
Inland Empire, CA
Smoke_kush, just remember if you get already sprouted plants or cactus they must be held away from the tort for about 3 months to get all the chemicals out, if you don't buy organicaly grown. 'Arrgg' :(

Time, time, time, its a wastin. Seems like with each step forward, we take one back just waiting for something, when it comes to our torts. I now tend to buy plants that catch my eye on sale, or are in the dicounted section or I'm asking neighbors or complete strangers for cuttings so that I just replant them in pots and let them sit for a season. If they survive then I have new plants for the next season. If not I am not out much $. I never did particularly well with seeds, and nothing grows inside my house.

Status
Not open for further replies.