Getting a Hermanns Tortoise

Status
Not open for further replies.

freebutterfly

5 Year Member
Hey Everyone, not sure if this is the right place to post this (there are so many sub forums) but we have been looking for a breeder to get a hermanns tortoise and I don't find many... I have seen theturtlesource.com and tortoiseshack.com Does anyone know if these are good places to purchase a tortoise?? Specifically the Hermanns? Where did you all purchase your hermanns?? Thank you! Any insight would be helpful :tort:

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Not sure about the two you mentioned. Look at tortoisesupply.com. They are a very good place to buy from and they are also forum members.

Moozillion

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Louisiana, USA
I got my Hermann's tortoise from Tortoise Supply and I am VERY happy with them. They have answered all my emails promptly, both before and after I had my tortoise and are always attentive and helpful. They ship Fed Ex overnight: my tortoise was shipped out at 3:30 pm and I was unboxing her at 9:30 the next morning! She peed, pooped and started eating right away. She has no flaws whatsoever, and has remained healthy and vigorous from the very first day. That was 3 months ago- she was eating from my hand in less than a month. They are also members of this forum and the reason I ordered from them is because they were so highly recommended here. When I get my next tort I plan to order from them. They also sell the seed mixes that grow into the weeds and plants recommended for tortoises. I highly recommend them.

Pokeymeg

5 Year Member
Boston, MA
For breeders who are forum members, there's GBtortoises ([email protected]) and HermanniChris (who I got my Hermann from). Both are well known around here :)

Status
Not open for further replies.