Gasoline

Status
Not open for further replies.

murdocjunior

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
South, Texas
Omg i was mowing my lawn this evening and i was filling up the lawn mower with gasoline and i dropped the gas container on the grass and it spilled on my lawn on accidently will i ever be able to let my sullies back in my front lawn?

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
well gas has a very low evaporation temp it has prob already evaporated , I would take the smell test tommorrow and see if you can still smell it, you should not be able to, if you can not smell it, it should, I stress should be safe.

N2TORTS

5 Year Member
murdocjunior said:
Omg i was mowing my lawn this evening and i was filling up the lawn mower with gasoline and i dropped the gas container on the grass and it spilled on my lawn on accidently will i ever be able to let my sullies back in my front lawn?

WAS IT HIGH OCTAINE? .....

" YA MIGHT HAVE TURBO TORTS NOW" ... VROOOOOMMMMM..:p

Naw ... juss playing .. anyhow should be fine .. although depending on grass type .. will die back .. but new growth will appear soon. If any worries or grass does not grow back... just cut out section and either re sod / seed and re soil spoiled area.
Happy TORTNGAS~NNNNNNN
JD~:D

Rhyno47

5 Year Member
Hagerstown, MD
Well one way to know would just be to burn the area. Grass would grow back very soon and not residue would be left.

N2TORTS

5 Year Member
Rhyno47 said:
Well one way to know would just be to burn the area. Grass would grow back very soon and not residue would be left.

Thats actaully a GREAT IDEA!!!!!! plus the ash will help with the ph in the soil! .... Just keep SAFE!
:)

Shelly

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Southern California
I doubt they would eat there if the strong smell remained. Torts only eat things that smell like food....or poop!

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Shelly said:
I doubt they would eat there if the strong smell remained. Torts only eat things that smell like food....or poop!

That is just not true. Maybe sometimes they don't, but sometimes they do.

Status
Not open for further replies.