garlic and birds

Status
Not open for further replies.

renegade20

5 Year Member
I have been reading some of your comments, about birds and garlic.
First, let me explain what I do. I take in abused, neglected birds. Believe me, it can be a major task, trying to get one of these sweet creatures to learn to trust, again.

I am also a person who gets into things, tooth and nail. I have been at this, for ten tears and spent so much time, researching, I have head aches. But, so it goes, if you are serious.

I have one of the two BEST avian doctors, in the state, who cares for my 'kids'. We have an understanding...when I show up, only one thing counts....the best for the bird.

Now, as to garlic, NO NO NO NO NO NO! Got it?:rolleyes:

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
Hi Renegade20:

Welcome to the forum!!

May we know your name and where you are?

And we certainly do thank you about the garlic, but I don't remember a recent post about garlic and birds??

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
:rolleyes: Glad I am not the only one not knowing quite what this was referring to. :rolleyes: Glad you here. I myself always say yes, yes, yes! to garlic. :p

coreyc

10 Year Member!
Massachusetts
Mao Senpai said:
Welcome! I am totally lost here. What is going on with birds and garlic?

I'm lost to but I like garlic on chicken and that's a bird:p

Laura

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Foothills above Sacramento CA
is this a spammer? just so odd.. garlic and birds? where, what? and why posted in general tort and not 'other pets'..

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
I use garlic on birds I am cooking, chicken, turkey and such, so do you not like garlic on live birds? Is this a big problem I am unaware of.

Mean Guy

5 Year Member
Wrong forum I am assuming. Garlic is a no no for birds of all species that I know of but has been touted as a cure for mites and other parasites.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Laura said:
is this a spammer? just so odd.. garlic and birds? where, what? and why posted in general tort and not 'other pets'..

I don't know. I did a forum search for garlic and it didn't come back with anything about birds. I wonder if Renegade was on the wrong forum? He hasn't been back since that post...and there was no spam or hyperlinks in either his signature or his post. ??

There is a certain kind of internet person known as a troll. These people make off the wall posts, inflammatory, extraneous, or off-topic messages, just to stir up trouble. But really, this post doesn't do much to cause trouble. If its true, its actually kind of nice to know (about birds and garlic).

I just did a GOOGLE search for birds and garlic, and the consensus of opinions was that garlic (and onions) is ok for birds.

So...TROLL!!

Status
Not open for further replies.