• Welcome! Are you interested in tortoises? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our community is the #1 place for tortoise keepers to talk online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your tortoise and enclosure, and discuss any tortoise topic with other tortoise keepers. Get started today!

Gargoyle breeding

Toddrickfl1

Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Ga
updating. i have kept Marble in with Limestone again for the past 2 weeks. She then started digging in the container i provided for eggs. Every day there was dirt all over, and you could tell she was digging, but it was messy. Last night i happened to see her in the lay box, and she looked like she was in position to lay eggs, but i could not tell. this morning, the lay box was looking as if she never dug in it. She had it all covered nicely. So i dug thru it, and found 2 eggs. One was an obvious dud, the other seems to have the red cheerio in there. so i put it into my hatch container and i guess i have to wait.
Awesome, Grand success!

ColleenT

Lehigh Valley Pa
So the eggs she laid for the past few months have all had veins/bloodvessells in them. i thought they were fertile. but none have hatched and most have molded in the incubator. And then he gained a lot of weight, so i am nervous to put them together until their sizes synch up again.

BUT- i just put a different couple together, and they bred in front of me. Which is not common, and the male was gentle enough with the female that i was impressed. She was receptive, and i am very hopeful. Will put them together a few more times, but i am pretty sure they got things done this time. now i just need to wait on eggs.

Male is top photo, Female is below.

ColleenT

Lehigh Valley Pa
Update- i finally got a fertile egg to hatch. here is baby gecko. first out of the egg, and after he/she shed for the first time. parents are in the pics in the last post. baby should turn very orangey and red as time goes on.

Ink

Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
Virginia
So exciting!! Good luck. Beautiful gargoyles