Gargoyle breeding

Toddrickfl1

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Ga
updating. i have kept Marble in with Limestone again for the past 2 weeks. She then started digging in the container i provided for eggs. Every day there was dirt all over, and you could tell she was digging, but it was messy. Last night i happened to see her in the lay box, and she looked like she was in position to lay eggs, but i could not tell. this morning, the lay box was looking as if she never dug in it. She had it all covered nicely. So i dug thru it, and found 2 eggs. One was an obvious dud, the other seems to have the red cheerio in there. so i put it into my hatch container and i guess i have to wait.
Awesome, Grand success!

ColleenT

Lehigh Valley Pa
So the eggs she laid for the past few months have all had veins/bloodvessells in them. i thought they were fertile. but none have hatched and most have molded in the incubator. And then he gained a lot of weight, so i am nervous to put them together until their sizes synch up again.

BUT- i just put a different couple together, and they bred in front of me. Which is not common, and the male was gentle enough with the female that i was impressed. She was receptive, and i am very hopeful. Will put them together a few more times, but i am pretty sure they got things done this time. now i just need to wait on eggs.

Male is top photo, Female is below.
tourm3_zpsmnbjnjij.jpg

garggeckomine_zpsiykbwasx.jpg

ColleenT

Lehigh Valley Pa
Update- i finally got a fertile egg to hatch. here is baby gecko. first out of the egg, and after he/she shed for the first time. parents are in the pics in the last post. baby should turn very orangey and red as time goes on.

babygeckoandegg_zpsdlo2cips.jpg

babygeckodark_zpsbvgvpu45.jpg

Ink

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Virginia
So exciting!! Good luck. Beautiful gargoyles