Location (City and/or State)
Croydon
Hello All,

Hoping somebody might be able to give me advise for my Sheldon :tort:

Only discovered him about a month or so, so still trying to work out what is best for the little guy!

I was building a makeshift run that was roughly 6x3 out in the garden for him on a daily basis (just had new turf and didn't want to damage the new grass by leaving anything standing on it over night) with a slightly differently arranged rockery and very shallow water area but would put him away in his house at night.

I don't know if it is normal behavior for a tortoise but he didn't seem happy in the run and would constantly march around the edges trying to find a way out - which he did on a few occasions.

As he seemed so determined to be free I have since decided to 'Tortoise Proof' the whole garden for him and let him have full roam! He does seem a lot happier with the obvious more space but still seems to march around the edges - Not as much as he did in the run. I still put him away in his house at night after checking him over to make sure that he doesn't have any bugs/snails/slugs on him.

So what is best/ safest for him?

Attachments

• IMG_1977.JPG
    IMG_1977.JPG
    2.3 MB · Views: 36

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
I like the idea of him being allowed the whole garden. Just make sure it is totally escape-proof.