Garden answers

ShockerFX

Just letting you all know I tried an app called garden answers to help me identify stuff in the yard all you do is take a picture and it comes up with several plants that it could be from their database if you don't trust your eye you can ask a plant effort from an extension office and they will let you know what they think it is I just used it and it took about four or five days for someone to get back to me but they did identify my plant it's free to use and may help with some of the stuff the tortoise table doesn't have

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
I don't use a device for the internet, and don't even have a cell phone. Does anyone know if I can download this app to my computer?

Cowboy_Ken

10 Year Member!
Kingman, Arizona
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.teamsoa.gardenanswers

Been using it a few days.... The expert got back to me with in 3 hours.
I've been using them 3 years now, and like you, I couldn't be happier. They do a very good job at plant identity. I cross reference with the tortoise trust site for safety and then figure I'm good to go. For their own information, I let them know I'm checking to see identity for tortoise food. They usually respond with something like, "dandelion-not poisonous, but no idea for tortoises" me, I just want them to know who all, and why all people use the app. Sorry @Yvonne G I haven't turned my desktop on in probably 2 years or so. Maybe the app would with a Safari type search and desktop save.

Iochroma

5 Year Member
San Francisco
I generally find the "plant ID" forum at davesgarden.com to be very responsive.
The apps have been a disappointment.
Incidentally, I have been asked to work for several app developers on products like this, and have always declined.

Cowboy_Ken

10 Year Member!
Kingman, Arizona
Incidentally, I have been asked to work for several app developers on products like this, and have always declined.
Ummm, for what it's worth, I say go for it with the "critter ok to eat" addition. Mammal, reptiles, birds, you know? Sure research will be needed and worth more pay…nudge,nudge, wink,wink $$$