Galápagos Islands

Status
Not open for further replies.

georgechilcs

5 Year Member
So I just spent a month in the Galapagos working with these guys they are beautiful and just a bit bigger than my own little greek aha (I mean their heads were bigger than little Diggs) so I thought I'd share some pics I have hundreds but here's a few I'll upload more once I filter the dud ones.ImageUploadedByTortForum1377461186.827991.jpgImageUploadedByTortForum1377461215.487525.jpgImageUploadedByTortForum1377461275.828807.jpgImageUploadedByTortForum1377461400.204040.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Wow, how fun. Love the pics and the last one is really funny. Did you learn anything about them that you think would be informative to share with us:D

Pokeymeg

5 Year Member
Boston, MA
Wow, how heavy is that shell??

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using TortForum mobile app

Holycow

10 Year Member!
Homestead ,FL
Wow, that looks like fun. It's amazing to see how much that Galapagos tort's head looks like a sulcatas head in the 3rd photo!
Thanks for sharing.

Laura

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Foothills above Sacramento CA
Do share more.. How did you get that chance to be there for a month?! I want to go there for vacation..

Mrturtle527

5 Year Member
Northern California
OMG I am so jealous. I just was looking into going here for a vacation and my husband thinks I am insane! Please do share details of what you learned. When is the best time of hear to go, which areas are must visits, input on which vacations type packages to take - I heard small cruise ships (under 30).

I am putting this on my bucket list and hope to go in the next 2 years.

georgechilcs

5 Year Member
I got the opportunity through college seeing as I want to study Zoology! We used the tour company SharkSky for the snorkelling etc and I highly recommend them. I only just got back so it was winter over there but it's the best weather for snorkelling as the water is colder so more fish are brought in due to plankton etc. for the tortoises you must visit Isabella island and Floreana island. If you trek up to the highlands on Santa Cruz you can see them in the wild which is amazing! And also Santa Cruz has the Darwin Research Centre where Lonesome George lived which is definitely worth a visit! Let me know if you have any questions! I'm happy to answer!ImageUploadedByTortForum1378927453.193861.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

DeanS

SULCATA OASIS
10 Year Member!
SoCal
Awesome! Thanks for sharing!

Status
Not open for further replies.