Fussy leopard tortoise HELP

Sarah Winchester

Location (City and/or State)
Cornwall
Hi trying to find food items that my leopard tortoise will like she seems to have gone off her dandelion leaves, she won't eat butternut squash or watercress and suggestions what I can feed her as I'm still new to owning a tortoise, she will eat carrots and cabbage but they are secondary need some suggestions on bulk items for her to eat :)

T33's Torts

5 Year Member
Neverland!
Carrots and cabbage should not be fed to her. Carrot, maybe, but only a tiny tiny bit less than once a month. Have you tried Mazuri? You can buy some from a local pet store (some PetSmarts have it, most don't) or online. You can get some from a forum member, ( @tortoisetime565 ) too. Other greens you can try are spring mix, minus the spinach, unfertilized grass, etc. This is Tom's care sheet, if you haven't already, you should read it.
http://www.tortoiseforum.org/threads/how-to-raise-a-healthy-sulcata-or-leopard-version-2-0.79895/

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
In the UK a lot of folks use Komodo Dragon Diet, as Mazuri isn't available there. But your tortoise should be offered a nice variety of GREEN things. You can also buy the packaged salad mixes like Florette:

http://www.florettesalad.co.uk/our-products/strong-mix/

747117wei24kafiu.gif

Sarah Winchester

Cornwall
Ok that's good just like to feed my tortoise all fresh :)
So any of the mixes on that link will be ok for her

Elohi

5 Year Member
Texas
I was told that lettuce is no good to feed your tortoise
The only no good lettuce is iceburg. All of the rest have plenty of nutrition with offered in a large variety. Even romaine has a little to offer but shouldn't ever be fed in a weighted percentage over other greens. Leopards also love opuntia cactus and other succulents.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Yes. The greens in those packages shown in the link above are good to feed.

747117wei24kafiu.gif