Fussy eater

Ben02

Location (City and/or State)
Brighton, Southcoast, UK
Recently, my yearling Greek has shown that he is in fact a male. He flashed his penis very often and seems to be having a lot of fun with it if you know what I mean:eek:

My concern is that he doesn’t seem to want to eat a lot of greens, he will have a munch but that’s about it. He will however, devour any Mazuri, grassland pellets and Komodo pellets I put in front of him.

One side of me says to be strict with him and only offer greens. The other side says it’s better that he eats even if it is those 3 things. He is active, bright and alert however.

What should I do?

Thank you!

SweetGreekTorts

Tucson, AZ
Vary his diet daily. I only feed mine Mazuri twice a week. They get greens, weeds, and cactus the other days of the week. A varied diet provides more balanced nutrients, and your tortoise will learn to eat what you provide.

Ben02

Brighton, Southcoast, UK
Vary his diet daily. I only feed mine Mazuri twice a week. They get greens, weeds, and cactus the other days of the week. A varied diet provides more balanced nutrients, and your tortoise will learn to eat what you provide.
Yep I feed my guys Mazuri twice a week, however I only started feeding Mazuri a few weeks ago so I guess it’s still new to them. I also feed spring mix, dandelions, plantain, hibiscus, cactus pad, occasionally romaine lettuce, pansies, campanula and a load of other stuff. The list is growing all the time:)