Picky eater

danishrubberduck

10 Year Member!
Hey All,
The past few weeks my tort Quammen has started to take his leafy greens, no matter the mixture or type, and spread them around his table, even dragging them into his water bowl. He has also seemed to be on a green strike whenever he gets his hydrated pellets (Zoo Med Natural Grassland Tortoise pellets) mixed with rehydrated flower topper. He will nibble on the greens on the pellet-free days but not with the gusto he normal has Before he would graze on his pellets after eating all his greens. The only green I can get him to eat with consistently is radicchio.

Is it okay for him to be on the pellets as a main with the greens as a side/topper? Any other food suggestions? I even had cactus shipped to MN to see if he would love it (he doesn't).

TIA

Aloysius Taschse

Location (City and/or State)
Mainly Texas
What type of Tortoise is Quammen? I'm no expert but different tortoise have different diets. For my sulcata Kiwi I mainly feed her Mazuri Pellets (50%), Zoomed Grassland Tortoise Diet (20%) Weeds (10%), vegetables (10%) cacti (7%) & fruits (3%). I think that his diet is perfectly ok, but again, I'm no expert, so I'm not positive.