Funny Tortle

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nala Ann

5 Year Member
Today I was in my room unpacking and I brought nala in and tottaly left the room and forgot about her for like 20 min, when I rememberd that she was in there I walk in and I and found her under my Bunk bed and man was that a struggle to get her out! 10:04 PM
Kaylyn
Nala- Red footed tortiose

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
Hi Kaylyn:

Welcome to the forum!! Keep an eye on that tortoise. They're really good at escaping when you're not paying attention to them.

Nala Ann

5 Year Member
Yes they are. Yesterday i was looking for her and found her in my closet.

tortoisenerd

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Washington
Welcome to the forum!

Its really not a good idea to let a tort run around--your home is hazardous as even hair and dust can be choking hazards, the floor is cold for a tortoise (they like it in the 80s F, and the floor of your home is even colder than the air temp), and they like a safe place to call home (an enclosure), just like we do. Best to make such a large enclosure that you don't need to let them out to exercise. Then, observe them in the enclosure. The running around like crazy behavior you may see and think that they are having "fun" can in fact mean they are scared and looking for a place to hide, why you'll find a tort under objects when let out to roam. That, and they like to make messes when scared...

We'd love to see photos of Nala and her home!

Status
Not open for further replies.