Funny Stories

Status
Not open for further replies.

dustinhood

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Jonesboro, AR
I'm a soon-to-be owner of a Sulcata. I've been doing some research and I hear they have great personalities. I was wondering if you guys could share some stories of your torts. Maybe funny things they do or if you've ever been surprised by something they did. I look forward to hearing what you guys have to say.

Angi

5 Year Member
La Mesa, CA.
I thought it was pretty funny when I took my 12 year old son to a tort and turtle rescue and three big Sulcatas kept following him everywhere he went, he was a little freaked out until we realized it was the red rubber soles of his Nike Zigs they were after. They acted like big puppies with shells. He kept rubbing their heads and petting them, but he was like " Mom what is going on" LOL!

Baoh

10 Year Member!
Florida
My adult Ivory male tends to "unload" his cloaca right where our deck steps meet the ground more often than not. He goes all over the yard, as do the others, but he goes there most often. Not so much funny as annoying, though.

The same male has shoved my English Bull Terrier a couple times for getting in his way.

Also, my adult Yellowfoot female hangs out in the adult female sulcata burrow every once in a while. Cute and unexpected the first time I came across her doing this. Also, my female sulcatas will cohabit the lone burrow without issue. I didn't think they would do so as peacefully as they have. It would be more spacious, but the largest female owner cannot continue excavation while they're squatting in her digs.

Angi

5 Year Member
La Mesa, CA.
My mistake they were Reeboks that the tort liked. I recommend Reebok Zigs with the red sole for Sulcata owners.

FranklinAndTara

5 Year Member
Satellite Beach, Fl
My sullys chase pink and red toe nail polish.... my sister didnt believe me until Franklin was 1/2'' away from her toe opening wide for a bite!
Mine also like to burp and fart... and poo in the bath. Tara was trying to push out a poo and was making a whistling noise I thought it was gas but it was so loud and kept happening... after watching her for a while i realized it was coming from her nostrils, she dunked her head in the water and blew bubbles...

dmarcus

5 Year Member
Las Vegas, NV
If you do something my big Sulcata doesn't like he will flick dirt at you before he walks away..

Missy

5 Year Member
Illinois
I walk Lana up and down the sidewalk. When I get her out of her pen she heads straight for the sidewalk. she also burps and passes gas a lot and loudly witch makes me laugh every time. They do seem to be puppy like and want to be around you.

wrmitchell22

5 Year Member
Southeast Arizona
Boulder hates purple, he turns away from anything purple or hides. Which is weird because it is my favorite color! Also he runs across his enclosure for Mazuri, but not for anything else, it is so funny! :D

Weda737

5 Year Member
NC
At first I thought it was just bubbles trapped under his shell, surely my little guy didn't just poot in his bath, after reading these stories, I guess I was right... I got a farter. I had no idea they would be gassy, I had a fish that would fart before, and my snakes do sometimes when they poo, but just an outright rip? News to me, but he fits in this family just fine lol

FranklinAndTara

5 Year Member
Satellite Beach, Fl
oh yeah! Mine love mazuri! well... they love food in general... Mazuri is the best though... theyre such messy eaters and get it all over their faces.

LostMD

5 Year Member
In my tortoise table i have a plate where i put Bowser's food, well the plate has a dip in it and it has a glossy suface and one day i came home to find him running in place in the middle of the plate (he had no traction) for five min. Then when he finaly got off the plate he crawled back onto it and started running in place again. He does this all the time so i call the plate his treadmill.

Bowser will also spend a couple hours a day trying to climb his lil hollow log cave thing, and only once has he ever gotten on top of it and when he did he made a break for it and got out side his tortoise table because the hide away is against on of the tortoise table walls. Luckly where he got out to was blocked off by some things and he only had a foot of walling area, he went to sleep as soon as he got out after all the hard work he put into escaping

drgnfly2265

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
FLORIDA
Whenever I try to clean out Bowser's tort table for some reason she has to be in that spot. I start removing all the old hay and she will lay and walk on the piles that I make. Every time she does I have to move her to the far side of the area and by the time I set her down she is on her way back over to the spot that I am cleaning again, lol. She will also lay on the pooper scooper that I use to scoop up all the hay :rolleyes: Crazy little tort :D

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
I train personal protection dogs for a living AND a hobby. Everyone who comes to visit me knows this. I also train animals for movies and television so they know I can train just about any animal to do anything. I always liked to hand feed my sulcatas and whenever any one would come to visit, I'd let them do it too. After a while the tortoises would just come charging at any stranger with the expectation of being fed. Sooooo... with a straight face, I would lead new people into the sulcata pen and explain that I had attack trained the tortoises just like my dogs. They would sort of laugh at first, but then nervously look on as the tortoises charged straight at them, not one person failed to run and many of them screamed while doing so. Haha. Good times. Of course, I would bring them back and have them feed the torties. But it was great fun if I could pull it off with out laughing.

FranklinAndTara

5 Year Member
Satellite Beach, Fl
Tom said:
I train personal protection dogs for a living AND a hobby. Everyone who comes to visit me knows this. I also train animals for movies and television so they know I can train just about any animal to do anything. I always liked to hand feed my sulcatas and whenever any one would come to visit, I'd let them do it too. After a while the tortoises would just come charging at any stranger with the expectation of being fed. Sooooo... with a straight face, I would lead new people into the sulcata pen and explain that I had attack trained the tortoises just like my dogs. They would sort of laugh at first, but then nervously look on as the tortoises charged straight at them, not one person failed to run and many of them screamed while doing so. Haha. Good times. Of course, I would bring them back and have them feed the torties. But it was great fun if I could pull it off with out laughing.

Thats Hilarious Tom!

Angi

5 Year Member
La Mesa, CA.
I am cracking up Tom, to the point of tears running down my face. That is just TOO funny!

dmarcus

5 Year Member
Las Vegas, NV
FranklinAndTara said:
Tom said:

Thats Hilarious Tom!

I agree that is very funny..

Spoomsister

5 Year Member
Tom said:

OMG!!!! This is THE best Sulcata story I have read on here!!! Love this!

BrinnANDTorts

5 Year Member
Okay Toms story about the sullies is hilarious , I can't believe people ran away haha not only ran but screamed too. Omg I can't stop laughing

Status
Not open for further replies.