Free Sulcatas

Status
Not open for further replies.

-EJ

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Georgia
That was cruel. The Sulcatas were free. Rehomers tell me they can't handle what they got and I offered to take all they have. I'm sure some of you have seen the exchange. I'm not a 'Rehomer'... I do rehome tortoises. I never sell them but these are some photos of this years intakes.

This is Herman... He(although I believe it is a she) was found walking the streets of a little town in Ohio(one of the united states).

Herman1.jpg

This is the pen in which she is kept.

HermansHome.jpg

I took in 4 rehomers this year. I usually get hit as a last resort. This is herman and friends...

HermanandFriends.jpg

This last one I'm going to use in another thread on Heat mats... it was handy so I figured I'd throw it in here...

HermanandFriend.jpg

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
I guess I missed the "cruel" exchange. Was it here on the forum?

Yvonne

Stephanie Logan

10 Year Member!
Colorado
Yes, what was cruel? You are to be commended for helping to rehome the Sulcatas.

Was it this quote from the "Breeding Sulcatas" thread: "Needless to say... Sulcatas are not a problem. Supply and demand will dictate how many are sold.

I've never come across a Sulcata in the woods or walking down the street although Herman (Ref Free Sulcata) was found walking down the street. I really do not think that was a case of neglect."

katesgoey

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
I'm not sure, but I think he meant the title "Free Sulcatas" was a "cruel" lure to read/see the thread??? That there would be more homed if they were all "free"??? That's how I took it anyway....Ed, can you clarify it for us?

-EJ

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Georgia
It was a sad attempt at humor and I figured if I ignored it... it would go away...

I also figured half would get it... you're one of the half.

Also someone emailed me as to how many I've adopted... I lost the email.

I've adopted about 25 - 30 tortoises over the years. Most have been placed to other homes. I've kept 5 Sulcatas and 3 leopards... then there is Speedy... a Sulcata that I kept out of a shipment that went to Spain... back to the US and then to the UK.

katesgoey said:
I'm not sure, but I think he meant the title "Free Sulcatas" was a "cruel" lure to read/see the thread??? That there would be more homed if they were all "free"??? That's how I took it anyway....Ed, can you clarify it for us?

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Most attempts at humor go right over my head! Sorry, Ed!! I do have a good sense of humor, its just that I'm rather dense.:D

Yvonne

-EJ

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Georgia
Obviously a few people didn't get it... not a problem.

Nice tortoises though... no?

emysemys said:
Most attempts at humor go right over my head! Sorry, Ed!! I do have a good sense of humor, its just that I'm rather dense.:D

Yvonne

ChiKat

10 Year Member!
FL
I didn't get it either at first haha...
Gorgeous sulcatas though!! I love their pen- they are very spoiled!

Status
Not open for further replies.