"Free" Greek? Tortoise in Seattle Area (Snohomish)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Floof

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Southern California
Found this little one while browsing on CL. She doesn't say what it is, but the pictures look like some kind of Greek?

http://seattle.craigslist.org/sno/pet/2893550133.html
"I was given this tortoise as a birthday gift by my boyfriend a few weeks ago, but we broke up recently. Every time I look at the tortoise, it now reminds me of my crappy ex-boyfriend. He comes with a 20 gallon tank with two kinds of lights, minerals, and a few more things. I would like to see him go to a good home (no adoption fee if you have turtle experience). "

5L15H75M43k23M63Ifc3907a98bb992da1a41.jpg

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
What a sad and lame reason to get rid of a tortoise.

DanaLachney

5 Year Member
RE: "Free" Greek? Tortoise in Seattle Area (Snohomish)

That is very sad it looks more like a Hermann's too me though. I emailed her about him/her

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Me, I'd be keeping him just to spite the ex guy.

Julaine

5 Year Member
Would you be willing to ship it?! I really want it!!!! I went to repticon today to buy a tortoise but they only had huge ones. So I need a little guy to go in the habitat I have all set up :/

nicoleandrocky

5 Year Member
California
1. i don't see why she would give up her tort for that reason, if anything he would help her through a rough time.
2. hope he finds a good home: )

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Hi Julaine:

This is a re-posted ad that was read by one of our members on the Seattle Craig's list. None of our members own the tortoise.

Won't you take a few moments to start a new thread in the "introductions" section and tell us a bit about yourself?

Floof

10 Year Member!
Southern California
Dana--Thanks! I really suck at telling Hermann's and Greeks apart. I thought it looked a little different from the Greeks I've seen, but there's so many subspecies... Gets confusing.

Julaine: As Yvonne pointed out, I don't own the tortoise. Sorry! I wish he were mine, but I'm way on the other side of Seattle (much too far to get him). I simply reposted the Craigslist ad for any of our fellow TFO members who might be closer, and able to take him.

DanaLachney

5 Year Member

Floof said:
Dana--Thanks! I really suck at telling Hermann's and Greeks apart. I thought it looked a little different from the Greeks I've seen, but there's so many subspecies... Gets confusing.

Julaine: As Yvonne pointed out, I don't own the tortoise. Sorry! I wish he were mine, but I'm way on the other side of Seattle (much too far to get him). I simply reposted the Craigslist ad for any of our fellow TFO members who might be closer, and able to take him.

Oh well if it's pick up only I'm WAY too far away I live in Louisiana but I would be willing to pay shipping for the little guy :(

Snapper925

5 Year Member
Joliet,IL
I'm guessing she is getting rid of it probably cause she doesn't like them the way we all do on here, and does not realize what a cool animal tortoises really are:)
I mean come on she doesn't know what kind of lights they are:p

Floof

10 Year Member!
Southern California
Snapper: I'm with you. If I'm given an animal, I don't care WHO gave it to me and how much I hate that person, or how badly they betrayed me... If I love that animal, I will love it all the same no matter where it came from. Maybe she liked it because of the gesture, and that's it, but, bottom line, I don't think this girl really likes tortoises much if she's so readily dumping it over a break-up.

In other news, I decided to shoot her an email earlier just for the sake of it, politely requesting she refer prospective new owners to care sheets & TFO. Granted, that was earlier this afternoon when I still thought it was a Greek. lol. But, hopefully she heeds my advice...

Heliopteryx

5 Year Member
ARRGGHHH I LIVE IN THIS AREA BUT MY MOM WON'T LET ME GET A TORTOISE UNTIL SUMMER!

I guess 15 isn't old enough to have a pet of my own. :\

ForestExotics

10 Year Member!
USA

Probably gor caught cheating on her ex and feeling guilty.

Floof

10 Year Member!
Southern California
Helio: Aw, that sucks! :( We're so close to summer, though. Hopefully you can change your mom's mind, I'm sure that cute little tort can use someone who knows what they're doing. (Buuut, if you find yourself heading to the Tacoma area, you're welcome to snag it and drop it off with me! Lol)

DanaLachney

5 Year Member

I emailed her and she hasn't responded maybe she doesn't have it anymore?

Status
Not open for further replies.