Found a spot on Mac's shell I'm concerned about

Beach Bum

Location (City and/or State)
Pismo Beach, CA.
I've noticed a spot on the bottom right of Mac's shell near his left rear leg. The three pics were taken in order April 20th, May 12th and today after his soak. The spot is not discolored and isn't soft at all to the touch but after looking at the older pics it almost looks as if it is getting bigger. He has some rocks and sticks I his enclosure that he is always climbing on and over so I'm not sure if it's from rubbing across them or not. Substrate is coco fiber, cypress mulch and organic top soil. The substrate is moist and the ambient humidity is typically 50%-65% humidity. Just concerned about our little guy. Today's pic I zoomed in quite a bit and after looking at the pics again it actually may not be getting any bigger. The older pics weren't very good quality but any suggestions would be appreciated. image.jpgimage.jpg image.jpg

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Hard to tell from the quality of the pictures, but if you treat for shell rot and it isn't shell rot, there's no harm done. Do a search on shell rot. We've had some very good posts about it.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
No, I saw the spot you were talking about in the other pictures, but the quality isn't good enough to actually see what it is.

Beach Bum

Pismo Beach, CA.
After a visit to the vet this morning the Dr said his shell was fine. Everything checked out and is good and healthy, whew. I get worried about our little guy.