Fossil turtles: a very successful group of reptiles

Status
Not open for further replies.

paleontologo

5 Year Member
Good morning,
I have to admit that my turtles are older than most of yours, but that does not mean that they are most boring. I work with fossils of turtles, especially with Mesozoic turtles. Much of my research is focused on the study of European turtles, where there were groups of turtles very interesting and, so far, little known. You have a lot of information about these turtles here. I'll be happy to discuss with you on fossil turtles.
Regards,

Adán

--
Adán Pérez García
Departamento de Paleontología
Facultad de Ciencias Geológicas
Universidad Complutense de Madrid
C/ José Antonio Novais, 2.
28040 Ciudad Universitaria
Madrid, Spain.

coreyc

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Massachusetts
Hello
Welcome to the forum do you have any pictures of your fossils if you do can you post some

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Hi Adan:

Welcome to the forum!!

Its interesting to me that you would think to join a live tortoise forum in order to learn more about the bones you find. I have always enjoyed reading about fossils. Glad to have you with us.

Madkins007

10 Year Member!
Nebraska
I'm fascinated by the development and evolution of chelonians. Looking forward to more from you!

cdmay

10 Year Member!
Somewhere in Florida
Welcome Adan, I also have an interest in turtle fossils and have found a lot of Pleistocene/Pliocene material while diving in some of the rivers of north Florida (USA). Most of this is Emydid (Pseudemys and Trachemys) but I have also collected some Terrapene (putnami and carolina major) and a then a little Geochelone as well.

Madkins007

10 Year Member!
Nebraska
If anyone gets me in the Forum's Secret Santa, the thing I want the most is a decent fossil tortoise shell replica.

Status
Not open for further replies.