Not open for further replies.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
Maggie has been hounding me to post pictures for Jordan of his tortoises, Millie and Gerty. If you don't remember, I have the tortoises for a bit while Jordan (Dr. Cosmonaut) is on a teaching job in (I think) China. So I thought I'd also take this opportunity to ask all of you redfoot officianados if you agree with Jordan that these are two females. I think the bigger one is male. I think Millie is the bigger one and Gerty is the smaller one. Millie has a big scooped out plastron, a pointy gular, a big tail and the anal scutes are different from Gerty's.

02-07-12-7.jpg

02-07-12-6.jpg

02-07-12-8.jpg

And if you'd like to re-read Millie's and Gerty's excellent adventure during spring break a while back, here are those links:

http://www.tortoiseforum.org/Thread...e?highlight=excellent+adventure#axzz1liO7Ianc

http://www.tortoiseforum.org/Thread...d?highlight=excellent+adventure#axzz1liO7Ianc

http://www.tortoiseforum.org/Thread...n?highlight=excellent+adventure#axzz1liO7Ianc

M

Maggie Cummings

Thanks so much Yvonne, I sent the link off to Jordan. I think he's in Singapore...

I'd really like to know their sex, I wish someone would chime in here...Redfoot Nerd? Madkins?

DoctorCosmonaut

10 Year Member!
Oregon
Hello! Thanks so much for posting some pictures! I've really been missing my... girls? I hope they are behaving ^_^

I'm in Singapore... Almost China ;) Lots of Chinese people live here.

Sorry I haven't been around much at all. Its a lot harder to connect since I'm working 10 hour days and in a new country and all. But I'll be back this year, so expect things to change later on :)

Miss you all! And a big thanks again to Yvonne and Maggie!!!

PS Millie is the bigger one :)

cdmay

10 Year Member!
Somewhere in Florida
Sorry for the late response. I wondered what had happened to Dr. Comonaut. Pretty neat.
Anyway, the larger animal is clearly a FEMALE and the smaller tortoise on the left also appears to be a female too. Don't let the tail and the slight concavity to the plastron fool you...female red-footed tortoises often have somewhat long tails and indented (but nothing like a male) plastrons.
A photo taken a little closer would be nice.

Geochelone_Carbonaria

10 Year Member!
Southern part of Sweden
cdmay said:
Sorry for the late response. I wondered what had happened to Dr. Comonaut. Pretty neat.
Anyway, the larger animal is clearly a FEMALE and the smaller tortoise on the left also appears to be a female too. Don't let the tail and the slight concavity to the plastron fool you...female red-footed tortoises often have somewhat long tails and indented (but nothing like a male) plastrons.
A photo taken a little closer would be nice.

Gotcha, I meant the cat !!! :D

bettinge

5 Year Member
Upstate NY
I love Singapore!!!! My favorite asian country.

What are you teaching them as English has been their first language for at least two decades. Just curious.

Do you like the non stop heat and humidity? Bet your tortoises would.

Status
Not open for further replies.