foods for hatchlings

Status
Not open for further replies.

HtVic

5 Year Member
my luck doesn't eat much because he is still a baby,there is always full bundle of veges left over and GONE BAD in the fridge. (I am talking about only one kind of vegetable, when I wanna make it more variety, there is always waste)
so I am wondering what do you do when come in this situation for hatchling tortoises?

Neal

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Arizona
Grow your own.

Or get more tortoises. :D

ascott

10 Year Member!
Apple Valley, California
Or buy a bottle of your fav salad dressing and join in...:D I have multiple mouths here so none goes to waste...and the peacock and gunea hens will take any of the scraps as well.....:D

Laurie

5 Year Member
Saratoga County, New York
Share it! I usually buy organic spring mix from Sams club, it is about four dollars for a very large container. It will last all week as the "base" of meals. I eat it as well. Whatever our "mix ins" are for that week, I usually just throw on top of my spring mix salad, Kale is pretty tasty roasted. I also grow russian tortoise spring mix in some containers in the enclosures. The babies graze on and off all day. My older RT, Tina, tramples it..lol. In short, I guess I basically eat the leftovers!

HtVic

5 Year Member
Looks like many of you buy the spring mix, I am going to do that as well
I see some people choose their own veges and do their own mixed
I wanna do that too, so should wait until he is grow larger and eat more?

Status
Not open for further replies.