food for tort

CaviLyn

Location (City and/or State)
Minnesota
Hello all,

My Son's Russian seems to only want to eat her fresh foods. We give her a spring mix, she loves it. We take her outside daily (Assuming its not raining) Where she proceeds to eat grass, weeds, flowers etc. (We also sprinkle calcium on the greens)

We also offer her a dry food, now Mazuri (Previously something different) she has no interest. Seems to leave the dry and eat all the yummy greens. How important is it for her to eat the Mazuri? Will she get enough nutrition with just the greens?

Thanks in advance

tortdad

5 Year Member
NW Houston TX
She doesn't need the mazuri it's just helpful if she does eat it a few times a week. All you have to do is soak a few pellets in warm water for like 60 seconds and it will become mush. Mix it with the greens and watch it disappear.

I'm not familiar with a Russians diet needs but it sounds like she already has a well balanced diet, verity it is the key. You don't like eating the same foods everyday and neither does your tort.

Got any pics of the tort?

0.0.1 Redfoot (Spike)
0.0.1 Cherryhead Redfoot (Bruce Wayne)
1.0 Sulcata (Hal Jordan)

tortdad

5 Year Member
NW Houston TX
And welcome to TFO.

I can't see your profile picture very well but it looks like you are using repti-carpet as your sub straight. If you are you need to toss that crap in the trash and use something that holds humidity. Dry is bad!

0.0.1 Redfoot (Spike)
1.0 Sulcata (Hal Jordan)

CaviLyn

Minnesota
And welcome to TFO.

I can't see your profile picture very well but it looks like you are using repti-carpet as your sub straight. If you are you need to toss that crap in the trash and use something that holds humidity. Dry is bad!

0.0.1 Redfoot (Spike)
1.0 Sulcata (Hal Jordan)

No, she has an enclosure with a proper Subtrate, my Son loves to build stadiums, he put her in the field and pretended she was a gigantic tortoise that attacked the soccer players.

tortdad

5 Year Member
NW Houston TX
No, she has an enclosure with a proper Subtrate, my Son loves to build stadiums, he put her in the field and pretended she was a gigantic tortoise that attacked the soccer players.

That's AWESOME

0.0.1 Redfoot (Spike)
1.0 Sulcata (Hal Jordan)