Good idea, or not?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chondropython

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
I have several pairs of hatchling and 2-3 year old star and spider torts. I've noticed that when I give them a mix of greens & veggies, they just pick out what they like and leave the rest. So recently, I've started making them a green / veggie pulp by running everything through the food processor. I usually do equal parts turnip greens / collard greens / dandilion greens / spring mix and will throw in some carrots and zuccini every now & then. The food processor makes it the consistency of pulp and they seem to love eating it... and cannot pick through it.

The spiders also get a little fruit mixed in their's every week or two, and both get mazuri every 7-10 days.

Does this sound ok? Any reason not to do the pulp?

K9KidsLove

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Hi...I would suggest leaving most of the greens, veggies, etc that they like whole. Just put enough in the blender to camouflage the ones they don't care for and dribble it over the whole food. They need to chew food to keep their beak from overgrowing. I also was told that their food should be placed on a cement square or something hard that will help with the beak. You can't really do that with liquified food.
Good luck
Patsy

Redfoot NERD

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Tennessee
Feed them dandelions.. collards.. turnip greens and yellow squash. {Carrots and Zuc. [ mostly water! ] not needed.} Mine have grown fine on those (PERIOD).. for over 4 years now.

Pulp isn't 'natural'!!!

You can see them on the STARS page of the Turtletary site below.

NERD

Status
Not open for further replies.