Status
Not open for further replies.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Southern California
If your temps are still in the mid 90s and the florescent tube is still on, it is likely your tortoise will be hiding out somewhere trying to escape the heat of the day, so yes, in theory, you could turn off the heat bulb.

Sorry for the paucity of info. Your situation is just not typical, and few, if any, of us have experience with trying to keep an enclosure if this sort in a hot garage, in the south, in the summer.

General rule of thumb for this forum: If you ask a question and get no response or inappropriate responses, you are asking something that no one has the answer to, due to inexperience (this case, I think), or its just the wrong question.

J REED

5 Year Member
Re: RE: Fogger or mister....

Tom said:
If your temps are still in the mid 90s and the florescent tube is still on, it is likely your tortoise will be hiding out somewhere trying to escape the heat of the day, so yes, in theory, you could turn off the heat bulb.

Sorry for the paucity of info. Your situation is just not typical, and few, if any, of us have experience with trying to keep an enclosure if this sort in a hot garage, in the south, in the summer.

General rule of thumb for this forum: If you ask a question and get no response or inappropriate responses, you are asking something that no one has the answer to, due to inexperience (this case, I think), or its just the wrong question.

Ok thanks...experiment time.....

Jeremy

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Southern California
Yes! That's the spirit. Now YOU will educate US!

Really I think you will be fine. I have dealt with similar situations in the past, and given the info you've shared, I think it will all be fine. AND you have a very hardy adaptable species too.

Status
Not open for further replies.