Fogger for tort?

Domm

Location (City and/or State)
PA
Hello, My Eastern Hermmans enclosure is a pretty text book set up, thanks to everyone on here over the last year. I am in PA and It’s been 13 degrees the past week. Even with blasting my heat and trying to seal off the enclosure the best I can I am struggling with humidity. I make sure the substrate is moist and even have a CHE in there on top of the lights. I was wondering if one of those reptile foggers is a good idea? I read mixed reviews on using them, some say its good for humidity and some say no?

Yossarian

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Wales
Hello, My Eastern Hermmans enclosure is a pretty text book set up, thanks to everyone on here over the last year. I am in PA and It’s been 13 degrees the past week. Even with blasting my heat and trying to seal off the enclosure the best I can I am struggling with humidity. I make sure the substrate is moist and even have a CHE in there on top of the lights. I was wondering if one of those reptile foggers is a good idea? I read mixed reviews on using them, some say its good for humidity and some say no?

Fog is liquid water suspended in air, quite different from water vapour (humidity). Normally, breathing a lot of liquid is not healthy for any animals, it is called aspiration and can increase risk of respiratory infections. If you are struggling to keep humidity up then the best solution is to seal the enclosure. with an open top, the only thing you can really accomplish is a damp substrate and a humid hide, the table will never be substantially higher humidity than the room.