flourescent fixture

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lilithlee

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Virginia
Apparently, I have a lot of question this week... As some of you many know I'm trying to make a new enclosures.

In my old enclosures I have two Fluker clamp lamp( which are less than a year old and I have too replace anyways.)

And I was doing wondering if It's would be better to use a flourescent fixture instead? or at least the pro and con's vs using a flourescent fixture instead of clamp lamps...

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
I like the MVB, gives heat, basking and light and the best UVB outside of the sun and last longer then the fluorescents.
The MVB are more expensive unless you do some good Internet shopping.
Hope this helps you to decide.

jaizei

Unknown Member
10 Year Member!
Earth
I think a combination of lights is best. Fluorescent tubes are good for ambient light/lighting the entire enclosure. I would then use a basking lamp on one end.

tortle

5 Year Member
Phoenix, AZ
I found that the MVB gets the enclosure way too hot for something like a tank. So I would use the fluorescent light for that. But for an open tortoise table the MVB would be best. Well, unless it's a huge tortoise table then the fluorescent would be good as well so that it can light up the whole table.

Lilithlee

5 Year Member
Virginia
tortle said:
I found that the MVB gets the enclosure way too hot for something like a tank. So I would use the fluorescent light for that. But for an open tortoise table the MVB would be best. Well, unless it's a huge tortoise table then the fluorescent would be good as well so that it can light up the whole table.

I'm not using a tank, but so far I've been using an open encloser with a Powersun 100w and a CHE.( But that during the winter months) Right now I"m using good ol' natural sun light, but I am making a close encloser and working on putting my in the encloser.... What would be best for that....
I love my powersun but I'don't wanna get it too hot.

Status
Not open for further replies.