Flooding

Jill and Erica

Hello All
My outside encloser is getting flooded with Tropical Storm. I can seem to get the water out fast enough I was think of bringing Myrtle in and right now all I have is a box or laundry basket. I have no dirt or leaf litter due to it all being under water what else can I put in there for her to be comfy until her outside home dries out...will towels work or should I put nothing

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Kent, South East England
Get your tort in and worry about the substrate after. Newspaper is absorbent in an emergency and saves ruining towels.

Your tort will come to no harm in the short term.

Good luck. And I hope the weather improves quickly for you.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
I agree, just get her in and she will be fine with paper towe, newspaper, even napkins, just to help absorb. Hope you all are safe.

Jill and Erica

Okay ran to my mothers go a large bin and plenty of newspaper I will rip up the newspaper bin is big enough for me to put her pot house in thank you all my boxy will fair thru this storm

Jill and Erica

She is in dry and exploring her inside area and no more worries for anyone else in Hermine's path be careful and be safe it is almost over for us in Myrtle Beach. Thank you for all your help

Millerlite

10 Year Member!
Southern Calif.
When things dry out Get some fill dirt and add a slope to the enclosure. So she has a high end to retreat too. Also adding drainage areas for water to pass is good. Night have to wait till things are tottally dry tho.

Kyle