New pics of Pepper the baby box turtle

Status
Not open for further replies.

WallieTheTortoise

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Brooklyn, NY
Here's the regimen until her tail gets better: soak in warm water (drink and to get all the dirt off), dab neosporin, put in separate container with wet paper towels, feed in that container (so she won't try to get out), then put her back in her enclosure. Here's some new pics...she sure has grow (9 grams in October 2011, today 28 grams.

image-3721559144.png

image-1368178637.png

image-4076780655.png

image-2449034018.png

Her color is a little off in these pics (using iPhone), enjoy!

pryncesssc

5 Year Member
Chicago IL
Very cute !! my hatchling was born 9/2011 also :) we should have a 1st birthday party for them !!

WallieTheTortoise

5 Year Member
Brooklyn, NY
pryncesssc said:
Very cute !! my hatchling was born 9/2011 also :) we should have a 1st birthday party for them !!

Oh yeah, I remember reading your posts...hmmm, Pepper must be a slow grower then, shes only 28 grams. Your boxie is beautiful!

pryncesssc

5 Year Member
Chicago IL
WallieTheTortoise said:
pryncesssc said:

Oh yeah, I remember reading your posts...hmmm, Pepper must be a slow grower then, shes only 28 grams. Your boxie is beautiful!

Aww thanks ! Ya she was 44 grams when i weighed her last week .. does yours come out a lot?

WallieTheTortoise

5 Year Member
Brooklyn, NY
pryncesssc said:
WallieTheTortoise said:
pryncesssc said:

Aww thanks ! Ya she was 44 grams when i weighed her last week .. does yours come out a lot?

A little more now than before, she used to hide all the time. I think she's just getting a little more fearless. You just got yours not too long ago right? I got mine for my bday (Oct 2011), so I had her for a bit longer. In a couple of months, you'll see yours more too =)

pryncesssc

5 Year Member
Chicago IL
WallieTheTortoise said:
pryncesssc said:
WallieTheTortoise said:
pryncesssc said:

A little more now than before, she used to hide all the time. I think she's just getting a little more fearless. You just got yours not too long ago right? I got mine for my bday (Oct 2011), so I had her for a bit longer. In a couple of months, you'll see yours more too =)

Yes, I just got her on January 15 so its almost a month ! you got Pepper as a tiny baby then !! do u have pics of Pepper when u first brought him home ?

WallieTheTortoise

5 Year Member
Brooklyn, NY
Here she is in October 2011
IMG_2544.jpg

IMG_2548.jpg

IMG_2574.jpg

IMG_2576.jpg

IMG_2590-1.jpg

IMG_2614.jpg

Couple of days ago
pp.jpg

pp2.jpg

pryncesssc

5 Year Member
Chicago IL
Aww I love it !! Peppers faces are so cute, like "what r u looking at" :p the shell looks so much different too !

terryo

10 Year Member!
Staten Island, New York
There is noting cuter than a baby Box Turtle. One of mine was also born in September and I got her for a birthday present in October too. I haven't weighed her, but she is still very tiny.

WallieTheTortoise

5 Year Member
Brooklyn, NY
terryo said:
There is noting cuter than a baby Box Turtle. One of mine was also born in September and I got her for a birthday present in October too. I haven't weighed her, but she is still very tiny.

Is it the really dark one that's a little aggressive eater?

Thanks guys, she's the cutest!

Status
Not open for further replies.