Firsts!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yertle

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Gilbert AZ
There seems to be a lot of newbies coming on board to the forum so I thought I would open a firsts thread.

For example - today was the first time I was able to give Chips some dandelion (until now I had no clue it was ok for torts to eat such delectables) and all I can say is HE LOVED IT! As soon as I put the food into his enclosure his head reared and he all but sprinted to his dish to gobble it all down.

And if that wasn't enough about an hour later I caught my first glimpse of him attempting to burrow. In his old enclosure the woodchips didn't offer prime burrowing grounds. But now that he has some sand n' bed-a-beast substrate he's trying his hand at it. It was really cool to watch, didn't last very long, he pretty much just kicked a bunch of the sand around with his front feet for a while. I thought about grabbing my phone for a quick pic but I didn't want to miss any of the action.

jlyoncc1

10 Year Member!
NJ
Firsts are fun - my guys love dandelions! Never did I think that I would love having these weeds in my yard!

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Today was the first time I've seen a very large female Florida softshell that I put in my pond TWO YEARS ago. I was beginning to think she had escaped the yard!

Yvonne

cvalda

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Wisconsin
WOW! I can't believe she hid from you for that long! Must've been a surprise!

Status
Not open for further replies.