It's DEFINITELY a boy!!

StuMac

5 Year Member
You guys may remember that a few weeks ago I was unsure if Slash ( formerly Peaches) really was a she. The consensus, not that I doubted it, was SHE was a HE. WELL.... Tonight when his warm soak was finished, he dropped a nice big poo.. Then flashed me his junk! First time I've seen it, and after being at the birth of my 3 sons, I didn't think much could shock me. BOY WAS I WRONG!! That thing is disgusting! I preferred when I thought Slash was a girl ;) ImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1399143746.474220.jpg

M

Maggie Cummings

Try having a big Sulcata. Bob was way up on all 4's and grunting, so I thought something was wrong so I laid down in the grass and tried to see when just at that time this LONG ugly thing came at my face. It looked like the monster in Alien, and was I embarrassed, mostly cuz I was dumb and figured any experienced keeper wouldn't have stuck their face down there...lol

StuMac

5 Year Member
It's gross! I shouted on my missus to come see it, and she couldn't get away quickly enough. He had it right out and repeatedly popped it in and out. Dirty boy :)

M

Maggie Cummings

It's gross! I shouted on my missus to come see it, and she couldn't get away quickly enough. He had it right out and repeatedly popped it in and out. Dirty boy :)

yep! I know...lol

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
A Land Far Away...
:p Sorry that Slash is a he, not the she you wanted. :(

StuMac

5 Year Member
Aye! I'm not fussed. Just with having 3 (human) boys it was nice to have a girl around the house. "She" was my wee girl. Till that purple beast jumped out at me

T33's Torts

5 Year Member
Neverland!
Well, sorry to tell you that there will never be a last time!
You will see this... THING repeatedly! And it will NEVER loose its disturbing nature... Ever. ;) :D

StuMac

5 Year Member
Thanks...that's reassuring!

I'd seen a video of it happening, but never in real life! Zoiks, it was horrific.

AZtortMom

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Sunny AZ
Try having a big Sulcata. Bob was way up on all 4's and grunting, so I thought something was wrong so I laid down in the grass and tried to see when just at that time this LONG ugly thing came at my face. It looked like the monster in Alien, and was I embarrassed, mostly cuz I was dumb and figured any experienced keeper wouldn't have stuck their face down there...lol
So, this is what I have to look forward to?? When one of my 3 finally decide to show me their junk? *Shudder*

M

Maggie Cummings

Haha that's funny....but only when it happens to other people. ;)
I'm dreading the day that happens to me.
It really is the ugliest thing you have ever seen. And some torts like to flop it out and play with it, often. Gross and embarrassing...

StuMac

5 Year Member
The dirty bugger did it today in his water dish. He peed so I lifted him out to empty and refresh water and he had the whole thing out, waving at me! He then crawled SLOWLY across his orchid bark, I'm sure he was getting his jollies from it!

Moozillion

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Louisiana, USA
THIS is one of the reasons I paid a little extra for a tort who was old enough to sex accurately- Elsa will NEVER flash me!!! :D

inkling13

5 Year Member
central NY
Ha, it could be worse. My tortoise is female but I've also got a male horse. When they "relax" and let it all hang out it certainly attracts unwanted stares. You get used to it, eventually...

M

Maggie Cummings

I'm kinda laughing about this, but every time I go to check on this thread it opens the page right on Slash's junk. I do believe I have seen it now more then I want to...lol

Kathy Coles

5 Year Member
North Carolina
And you said you had some young "human" boys. I think left to their own devices that is pretty much what they would do also. There's just no civilizing our torts.