First timer here!

Lovely Lory

Location (City and/or State)
VALLEY SPRINGS, CA
Hello!

I've had my Sulcata for a couple years now. My family and I are thinking about moving to another state. We haven't decided which one yet. We like Wyoming... Does anyone here own a Sulcata in a northern state? If so what is your set up? I would just like to hear others ideas so I can know what to expect. I'm in California right now. Thanks for your input!

Maggie3fan

5 Year Member
PacificNorthWest
Hi and welcome! Always good to have another Sulcata keeper.
My Sulcata are/have been kept in a 20'x12' heated and insulated shed. There's enuf room fr pacing and exercise...there's a sleeping box with a pig blanket, several che's and basking lights. There are a couple of doggie doors for ease of getting in and out. I trust that my bigger Sulcata are smart enuf to come and go as they want....The ambient temp stays at 85 degrees or higher....using an oil filled radiator type heater.
100_1501.JPG
100_0087.JPG100_0782.JPG
There are 4 tortoises in the shed, each separate from the other. Each tort has it's own hide, che, basking light, and toys. They don't ever meet. In the PNW my torts must be kept inside 7 months a year, so I get my bigger tortoises prepared for grazing in the snow or just walking around outside. Mary K. doesn't care for the cold at all....so in order to get her out and walking around I stop feeding her....so then she must go out and graze.
I was a long distance truck driver for a lotta years and my top 3 states for moving .to are
1. Colorado
2. Montana
3. Wyoming
My advice would be to make the biggest enclosure you can, big tortoises pace when they can't go out and the more inside room they have....the better for them. Please continue to ask questions and hang around...
100_1479.JPG

Maro2Bear

5 Year Member
Glenn Dale, Maryland, USA
Welcome. Soooo, on your move, what are you looking for in your new location? Peace, solitude, no neighbors, pasture land, less taxes, less something?

Good luck!

Toddrickfl1

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Ga
Welcome to the forum

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
.............what are you looking for in your new location? Peace, solitude, no neighbors, pasture land, less taxes, less something?

Good luck!
That just about sums up what I'd like!;)
I think I'll use that description for my property alerts?

Lovely Lory

VALLEY SPRINGS, CA
Welcome. Soooo, on your move, what are you looking for in your new location? Peace, solitude, no neighbors, pasture land, less taxes, less something?

Good luck!
Hello and thank you,

Im looking for...
1. less people
2. less taxes
3. wide open spaces
4. safety
5. friendly, polite, and hospitable locals
6. conservative politics
7. A justice system that isn't backwards
8. and no infringement on 2nd amendment rights...