First time eating Zoo Med tortoise food ! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

meluhniebby

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Pennsylvania
So when I purchased Lola last March I was told by the petstore owner that she absolutely loved the zoo med food so I bought the largest container of it that I could buy. At least a few times each month since I bought her I would try to get her to eat it but she wouldn't even go near it until last night when i didn't cut it up as small as the other times and just sprinkled it over her lettuce, then sprayed it with water.. and she went to town and ate ALL!! Boy was I a happy camper :) any other ideas as to how to serve this stuff? thanks :)

image-4204784975.png

Creedence

5 Year Member
Sacramento, CA
I've only heard of mixing a little of it with greens and gradually adding more over time. My little guy is a pig and will just eat straight piles of it, so I've never had the issue (;

Atra42o

5 Year Member
Baltimore, Md
I feed my 2 month old Sulcata hatchling softened everyday... I just put it in some water, let it absorb and throw it right on top the greens... At first he didn't eat any, but for the past 6 weeks, he can't get enough... I started out w/1-2 pellets since he didn't show much interest (I even tried to disguise it by mixing it in w/finely chopped greens) but I upped it to 3-4 and now It's the first thing he goes for lol good luck :)

Status
Not open for further replies.