First Russian Tortoise Hatchling Activity/Setup help

Cstu650

Location (City and/or State)
Redwood City
Hello everyone this is my first time positing to the thread but I've found so much great information but I decided the best thing for me was to post.

Question/side note:

So I recently got a Russian Tortoise Hatchling he is a little over a month and was purchased from a captive breeder being https://www.arizonatortoisecompound.com/. First day the little guy got here he seemed very active. He was exploring the enclosure but as time went on I noticed he burrows for a majority of the day (have had him a little over a week now). My questions are is this a normal thing and what can I do to improve my enclosure. I recently purchased a thermostat to better improve the temps. Side Notes: He was originally in a different location, I noticed the humidity levels were escaping relatively fast and humidity averaged around 35-40ish so I would have to mist throughout the day to keep it above 50%. I also noticed that temps were too high reaching around 120 f so I made some adjustments to the lamp height and moved the location to a better temperature room. At night temps average around room temp and rarely go under that.

Enclosure:

I just recently cut that square out and wish to know was to better keep humidity in the enclosure. ORIGNIALLY: I had no top but yesterday I decided if I can better close the top it will keep humidity in more effecicityly but I need suggestions on what changes I should make to do this. I plan to add bigger and more holes to keep a nice airflow to avoid any mold.

-Sterilite 60qt Clear View Underbed Storage Bin with Latch Purple (https://www.target.com/p/sterilite-...in-with-latch-purple/-/A-13794500#lnk=sametab)
-Zoo Med Forest Floor Bedding

-Zoo Med PowerSun UV Bulb, 80 Watt with a Fluker's Sun Dome Reptile Lamp, 10" Diameter

Temps and Humidity:

-Directly under basking area 100F as said was too high (120f) so location and height adjustment was made

-Opposite side of enclosure non heated area 75F

-Humid box 80F

-Humidity with frequent misting 3-4 a day averages 50 - 70% not sure if those gauges are sufficient/accurate so should I get better ones?

Scheduling/Diet:

Scheduling
:

-His heating lamp goes on around 9:30 in the morning and shuts off around 10 plus or minus at night (I'm getting a Timmer)

-Usually if he doesn't come out and eat which is normal for him to not do I take him out and set him on his food which 9/10 results in him eating a decent amount of food and he finishes it sometimes thought the day

-He gets two lukewarm soakings a day depending on how he's feeling. Sometimes as soon as he goes in he tries to get out right away but usually he enjoys and sits there and hydrates himself as well.

-Although he has a cuttle bone I sprinkle calcium in his food three times a week and give him a reptile multivitamin twice a week is this sufficient or should I be giving less or more? I've read this should be good for babies but not sure?

-My plan is to weigh him at the end of every week, when I got him he was 29 grams 10/6/2020 I then weight him on 10/17/2020 and he was 33 grams

Diet:

-His food consists of a spring mix with some Mazuri Small Tortoise LS Food
-He eats relatively well although I do have to move the food sometimes under the light so he can eat which I move after

-In the timespan since I got him last Tuesday he has pooped roughly 3 times

Here is pics of everything including the little guy please read the side note.

Thank you guys!

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 10
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 10
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 10
  • basking light temp.jpg