First Hermanns tort table build

Gdrami

Location (City and/or State)
VA
Hello everyone. I’ve been thinking about treating my tort Rupert to his first wooden home. He’s currently in a glass enclosure though Im eager to move him out of there as soon as I can. I,ve made sure that he can’t see out of the glass by covering it with a cut up poster boarder. I’ve decided on using plywood as this won’t be his forever enclosure as he grows. After all he’s less than a year old. I need help on choosing a sealer and waterproofing his enclosure to avoid mold and any other gross stuff. I want to use a liner as well as a sealer for double protection. I’m just overall looking for any tips and actually product recommendations that you have used before that have worked out well. Feel free to guid a novice builder. Thank you in advance!

Grace-Sophia

Texas
I have used mineral paint on my torts enclosures, I wanted to be sure that it had no toxins or chemicals in in and it seems to be holding up supper well, we also used a stain on the inside which I believe too was mineral, please make sure everything is safe for your tort as well as before moving your lucky little guy in I would recommend waiting around 24-48 hours after painting/sealing/or staining so that you can be sure that there are not additional fumes, especially sense your little guy is well... little!

Gdrami

VA
I have used mineral paint on my torts enclosures, I wanted to be sure that it had no toxins or chemicals in in and it seems to be holding up supper well, we also used a stain on the inside which I believe too was mineral, please make sure everything is safe for your tort as well as before moving your lucky little guy in I would recommend waiting around 24-48 hours after painting/sealing/or staining so that you can be sure that there are not additional fumes, especially sense your little guy is well... little!
That’s the first I’ve heard of mineral paint in all the research I’ve done, I’ll be sure to look into it. Yea I’ve been looking at some non toxic sealers. I wanna be sure I don’t harm my tort. Thank you!

Grace-Sophia

Texas
That’s the first I’ve heard of mineral paint in all the research I’ve done, I’ll be sure to look into it. Yea I’ve been looking at some non toxic sealers. I wanna be sure I don’t harm my tort. Thank you!
You are so welcome! Hermies are so much fun!