Finding my eastern box turtle

Status
Not open for further replies.

bhuntr

5 Year Member
Lost my 12 year old inside box turtle, Maximus. Can anyone give me some insight where to look or how to locate him? PLEASE!!!!!

M

Maggie Cummings

Get down on your hands and knees and crawl around looking for him from the same view he would have. You see things differently when you look at them from the same view the turtle has. Don't give up, have your children look for him also. You might put out some food to entice him to come home...

bhuntr

5 Year Member
maggie3fan said:
Get down on your hands and knees and crawl around looking for him from the same view he would have. You see things differently when you look at them from the same view the turtle has. Don't give up, have your children look for him also. You might put out some food to entice him to come home...

Maggie and group,
Thanks for that idea. It makes sense! Will try that in the early a.m. To all that read, "Please pray for Maximus's safe return!

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
You refer to your turtle as "...inside turtle." Does that mean you've lost Maximus indoors or had you put him outside for a bit and you've lost him outdoors?

If outdoors, run a sprinkler for a while. That never fails to bring out my box turtles.

Yvonne

bhuntr

5 Year Member
emysemys said:
You refer to your turtle as "...inside turtle." Does that mean you've lost Maximus indoors or had you put him outside for a bit and you've lost him outdoors?

If outdoors, run a sprinkler for a while. That never fails to bring out my box turtles.

Yvonne

Yvonne,
Thanks for your reply, unfortunately, it downpoured rain today and he is still MIA. Thanks so much again,

Greg T

10 Year Member!
League City, TX
If it has been raining all day, try checking under plants and areas he could have gone to find shelter. Mine like to hide inside areas or under plants while it rains. Try looking again first thing in the morning when he will wake up and start looking around for food.

Good Luck!

tortoisenerd

5 Year Member
Washington
You can also try some tasty food out in the open so you can see if he goes for it. If you can leave out a dish of water that may be well appreciated.

Millerlite

10 Year Member!
Southern Calif.
so is he in a enclosure? Look next to tall grass, or bushes, or shrubs, Most will dig into the ground under something, mine never just dug in the middle of the yard....

Status
Not open for further replies.