Finding a new home for my Sulcata

Status
Not open for further replies.

Andieallnight

5 Year Member
This is very heartbreaking for me, but I must find a new home for my Sulcata. There are many contributing factors in this decision, but it boils down to me not being able to give him the environment he needs. He is a 6 year old male, about 10 inches around. I am in the Tampa Bay area. I will try to find rescues near me, but can anyone suggest anything that would help me find a home for him?
Thank you.

ascott

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Apple Valley, California
Wait around a little and see what collective information you get here before you dash off to any random rescue..okay :D perhaps you can pm aldabraman and see if he knows of a source there in florida he can direct you to..... I wish you and your tort the best of wishes in your search...:D

Also, you can post a pic of your tortoise so someone here can fall in love...:p

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
There was a member named (Tom something) that lived in Florida and was looking for Sulcata's to rescue. He had a nice enclosure built. Maybe someone will remember who he is and direct you. I haven't seen him post for awhile though. (it's not Tom the dog trainer from California)
Post pics. Might find another TFO member that wants him. Good luck, sorry you can't keep him.

BrookeB

10 Year Member!
Bodfish
I want him :( too bad i live in cali... i want HIM!!!!!

jojay327

10 Year Member!
Elgin, South Carolina
Andieallnight said:
This is very heartbreaking for me, but I must find a new home for my Sulcata. There are many contributing factors in this decision, but it boils down to me not being able to give him the environment he needs. He is a 6 year old male, about 10 inches around. I am in the Tampa Bay area. I will try to find rescues near me, but can anyone suggest anything that would help me find a home for him?
Thank you.

Does he have any issues? has his diet been good? I am in SC maybe we can work something out. Jay

Andieallnight

5 Year Member
BrookeB said:
I want him :( too bad i live in cali... i want HIM!!!!!

Lol. I wish you lived a little closer! Thanks tho!

[/quote]

Does he have any issues? has his diet been good? I am in SC maybe we can work something out. Jay
[/quote]

Jay: The one thing I will warn anyone about is he is a major digger. He has made it down about three feet before. Unfortunately, I cannot keep up with this "issue" in my residential back yard, and that is a big reason he must go.

His diet now is whatever Sulcata grass seed mix (from Sulcatafood.com) that I can get to stay alive, bermuda grass/ hay, greens two days a week with a calcium powder on top, and the occasional veggie as a treat. He moved into his outdoor enclosure about a year ago and started grazing, and I have noticed some pyramiding starting since then. I can't figure out why!

Sorry to ramble. I'm still coming to terms with having to part with him. :'1

dgrsport

5 Year Member
Hey I'm kinda new around this site but IV got an acre in mims FL IV already got a red foot but I'm looking for a sullie I'd love to take him

Status
Not open for further replies.