Male Sulcata available for adoption (FL)

Status
Not open for further replies.

dozertort

5 Year Member
I have a male Sulcata that I need to find a new home for. He is named Turq and is 5 years old. He weighs ~50 lbs at the moment. We need to rehome him because we are not planning to breed tortoises and until recently (when he started flashing) we thought he was a female. This is a heartbreaking decision and it is not one we have arrived at easily. He is available for adoption to someone that is experienced with Sulcatas and will give him the care and attention he deserves.

DeeBug37

Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Pensacola, FL
Hi Jori, Yes!!! I am intersted! YES I would give him a great home and life! I LOVE LOVE my torts! I'd love some more pics. Thank you for considering me too! Where exactly in Florida are you?

Maggie3fan

5 Year Member
PacificNorthWest
Don't give him up because he's male. Male's have more personality, are more bonded to their keeper and simply more fun. I have always preferred males simply because they are more fun. Think this over seriously before you make a decision. I don't breed either, I believe males are better pets....
I lost Bob 3 yrs ago at 125 lbs, I have 2 males now and enjoy the heck outa them. Big Sam is 5 and 40 to 50 pounds. My sister has Dudley who is 20 something (I think) and over 100 pounds. He's an easy keeper as well.

Last edited:

DeeBug37

Tortoise Club
Pensacola, FL
Don't give him up because he's male. Male's have more personality, are more bonded to their keeper and simply more fun. I have always preferred males simply because they are more fun. Think this over seriously before you make a decision. I don't breed either, I believe males are better pets....

I didn't know that about Males, makes sense though I share my Spike is OBSESSED with me, it's crazy how much he watches me and chases me! I used to think it was only over food but mostly he wants rubs and neck scratches BEFORE he even checks out what I've served for dinner! They are so personable, Jori that is something to consider

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
I think she has a male and a female and rather than try to separate them, she's opting to find a good home for one of them. I'm with the others. Keep the male and find a home for the female.

dozertort

5 Year Member
I am taking your comments under consideration and discussing with my family. Thank you all. It's just not any easy decision.

AriNass

Alabama
I have a male Sulcata that I need to find a new home for. He is named Turq and is 5 years old. He weighs ~50 lbs at the moment. We need to rehome him because we are not planning to breed tortoises and until recently (when he started flashing) we thought he was a female. This is a heartbreaking decision and it is not one we have arrived at easily. He is available for adoption to someone that is experienced with Sulcatas and will give him the care and attention he deserves.
What is flashing?
I lost Bob 3 yrs ago at 125 lbs, I have 2 males now and enjoy the heck outa them. Big Sam is 5 and 40 to 50 pounds. My sister has Dudley who is 20 something (I think) and over 100 pounds. He's an easy keeper as well.
are they housed together?

AriNass

Alabama
I didn't know that about Males, makes sense though I share my Spike is OBSESSED with me, it's crazy how much he watches me and chases me! I used to think it was only over food but mostly he wants rubs and neck scratches BEFORE he even checks out what I've served for dinner! They are so personable, Jori that is something to consider
This is wild to hear. Did you raise him from a baby? What do you think you did to get him to become so sociable?

Status
Not open for further replies.