Finally got some mazuri

Tippiethetortoise

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Galveston, Tx
I finally got some mazuri for Tippie. Honestly, I thought he'd be more interested. Hopefully he'll warm up to it.

Maro2Bear

5 Year Member
Glenn Dale, Maryland, USA
How large is the sully that u are feeding the mazuri to? To start off, you might need to soften up the mazuri chow by placing a few in some water for a minute or two, until they are a bit soft. Once they start sampling, they will gobble it up. Just start off with a few mushy pellets so you don't waste any. Good luck.

Tippiethetortoise

5 Year Member
Galveston, Tx
How large is the sully that u are feeding the mazuri to? To start off, you might need to soften up the mazuri chow by placing a few in some water for a minute or two, until they are a bit soft. Once they start sampling, they will gobble it up. Just start off with a few mushy pellets so you don't waste any. Good luck.
I let it soak in a bit of warm water for about a minute before offering it to him. He's roughly 8 months old, so he's still small. It looks like he nibbled at it a bit, but he has already grazed twice today, so maybe he's full? How long should I leave it in there before discarding it?

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
I have soaked Mazuri in juice too. They seem to like it that way. I've even used aloe juice (you can buy it at Walmart)

Len B

10 Year Member!
Southern Md - Northern Neck Va
I got the LS diet. It's the only one the pet store had.
I feed both formulas to my sulcatas. The LS may be a little more difficult to soften than the other, When I need to soak it I use hot water and after a while I smash it using a finger to separate the fibers so the smaller tortoises can eat it. If you want to feed it dry to a small tortoise you can squeeze it with pliers to break it up and sprinkle some on the other food items that you already feed.

Edizzle888

5 Year Member
Las Vegas
I mix it with greens or cactus. They will be more interested faster that way. Mine wouldn't touch it either first till I mixed it

Tippiethetortoise

5 Year Member
Galveston, Tx
I mix it with greens or cactus. They will be more interested faster that way. Mine wouldn't touch it either first till I mixed it
I mixed it with some clover and dandelion today and he ate a bit of it. I'm sure as time goes, he will get used to it.

SGT Fish

Columbus, Ohio
i just got the original formula and i think he honestly prefers it dry. he ate a couple nuggets from our hands and then i gave him a pile that i sprayed with water. he ate some but didnt seem too interested. then he made his way over to the dog food bowl to try to get a bite. so i removed the dog bowl and put a bowl of mazuri nuggets down and the pushed that all the way across the room while biting nuggets out.

i guess he is just weird like that