Finally Eating

Status
Not open for further replies.

MsBeBe_E

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Georgia
Hello!
I got my russian tort Jagger from petco two weeks ago today and he finally ate. I had to get the exact foods that he was being fed at petco. He apparently lives kale and squash!
ImageUploadedByTortForum1372631687.740975.jpg
ImageUploadedByTortForum1372631718.301025.jpg
ImageUploadedByTortForum1372631736.516596.jpg
He ate a good bit, pooped, and then went to bask lol!
Jagger went to the vet recently and te et was concerned with his color. The vet said he was a bit yellow and maybe having liver failure I don't think so I think that's a Russians natural color. Should I be worried? I'm overall happy with this little guy. We named him today. I was afraid if he didnt start eating I would have to take him back so I didn't give him a name sooner. But he's a keeper!
Jagger[TURTLE]
ImageUploadedByTortForum1372631938.649338.jpg
ImageUploadedByTortForum1372632009.783037.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

EchoTheLeoTort

5 Year Member
United States
What was he saying was yellow? The shell or his skin? Both looking okay to me honestly, it looks just like a natural russian. But maybe it isn't coming through the camera or something. In my opinion i think he is just fine, he wasn't eating because he was adjusting to his new home. Congrats on the tort he is cute and i like the name

volcom6981

5 Year Member
He looks good from your pictures. As long as he is alert, and is eating and popping then I wouldn't worry to much. Throw in some other foods with the foods he is used to, to get him to eat more. I love feeding these guys broadleaf weeds.

MsBeBe_E

5 Year Member
Georgia
EchoTheLeoTort said:
What was he saying was yellow? The shell or his skin? Both looking okay to me honestly, it looks just like a natural russian. But maybe it isn't coming through the camera or something. In my opinion i think he is just fine, he wasn't eating because he was adjusting to his new home. Congrats on the tort he is cute and i like the name

Thanks!!! He looks fine to me also. The Dr. was saying his skin looks yellow. I'm so happy he is eating now.

wiccan_chicken

5 Year Member
Georgia
Jagger looks fine to me. A nice dark Russian :) My girl is dark too. I'm glad he's eating! Make sure you feed him more than kale and squash though, he can get addicted and refuse to eat anything but for a while. I just went through that with Vodka, she'd only eat red lettuce. I had to seriously wean her off of it and now she's eating fine for 4 straight days in a row.

Just be careful :)

WillTort2

5 Year Member
Try adding dandelions, radicchio, spring mix, cactus, turnip greens, escarole, and some of the healthy weeds to his diet. Variety is one of the keys to a balanced diet for your tort.

Beck

10 Year Member!
Lakeland/Central FL
So happy! I know you spent a lot of time picking this little guy out. Jagger is hilarious... "If I just hold out another week, I can get me some squash and kale!"

Who knows how long he's been on that diet. Slowly work other foods in, remembering how stubborn he was these first couple weeks. Lol.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using TortForum mobile app

MsBeBe_E

5 Year Member
Georgia
Beck said:
So happy! I know you spent a lot of time picking this little guy out. Jagger is hilarious... "If I just hold out another week, I can get me some squash and kale!"

Who knows how long he's been on that diet. Slowly work other foods in, remembering how stubborn he was these first couple weeks. Lol.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using TortForum mobile app

Lol yes he is!!! I will slowly start adding different vegetables in!!! Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.